Roadside design guide

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H_D

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just have a quick question. I am studying the roadside design guide and find that most of the chapters just contain reading for understanding. A couple of chapters however contain design and calculation related topics. My question is, do you guys feel that it is necessary to read the whole thing, or (not to get too specific) just focus on the design and calc related areas? I know some of you will suggest to just study everything to be safe, i'll try but i really want to know if there is not time where to focus, all or just calc areas. Thanks

just be able to know where to find some of the more important charts and pages with forumulas on them. I defin would not read the whole thing, but scan through it and know where to find something in it quickly...

What I did was I studied the clear zone chapter (sorry, I forget the chapter # now) well and even worked and understood the example problems they have at the end of the chapter. For the rest of the book, I just quickly went page by page and tried (key word 'tried') to take a visual snapshot of the topics and charts covered in the guide. Spend 20 minutes or so looking at the index and table of contents too. Good luck.

Back