Help: Best book for afternoon Chemical specific FE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVP

Reaction score
Hi - Since the people of this forum likely already passed PE exam, I am posting my question here to ask for a suggestion for a good Chemical Engineering book for afternoon session FE exam.

I am out of school from ~10 yrs and now giving FE exam in this Oct. I am planning to take chemcial engineering desciple specific afternoon exam for FE. Can someone please suggest book to prepare for chemical specific FE afternoon exam? I tried looking several books on amazon but most do not have good review so I am confused. I think I need one which can give me in-depth exam specific knowledge, also, I have only 3 months so the book should prepare me well for exam only.

Thanks in advance for your help!

When I took the chemical afternoon FE i used the book published by Great Lakes publishing I believe. DOn't think the writer of the ERMs had a chemical FE manual at that point. Between that and the NCEES booklet thats all I used and passed.

When I took the FE I used the chemical discipline specific review book from PPI and the NCEES FE chemical sample questions and solutions book. I thought they worked well for me. Also, as a general suggestion on the FE, get a copy of the NCEES supplied reference handbook and use only it to solve the problems as you are working on them (whether they are morning or afternoon problems). It pays to know the supplied reference handbook inside out.

When I took the chemical afternoon FE i used the book published by Great Lakes publishing I believe. DOn't think the writer of the ERMs had a chemical FE manual at that point. Between that and the NCEES booklet thats all I used and passed.
Thanks! Is this the book that you used?

http://www.amazon.com/EIT-Industrial-Chemi...5865&sr=1-2

Who is the writer of ERM? Please mention the name, I like to see how is that book as well.

When I took the FE I used the chemical discipline specific review book from PPI and the NCEES FE chemical sample questions and solutions book. I thought they worked well for me. Also, as a general suggestion on the FE, get a copy of the NCEES supplied reference handbook and use only it to solve the problems as you are working on them (whether they are morning or afternoon problems). It pays to know the supplied reference handbook inside out.
Thanks for all the advise! Can you please confirm if this is the book you used. http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Discipline-...m/dp/1591260671

Thanks! Is this the book that you used?

http://www.amazon.com/EIT-Industrial-Chemi...5865&sr=1-2

Who is the writer of ERM? Please mention the name, I like to see how is that book as well.
i can't see the link from work I'll have to check at home. But lindeburg (sp?) writes all of the ERMs.

Back