power flow and power stability reference

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Power PE

Reaction score
hello friends

i am not able to find solid references for power flow and power stability.

i have grainger and graffeo but i found them very confusing.

can u suggest any ?

thank you !

hmmm even i dnt find any , i am looking up internet, will let u know if i found something.

Power flow and stability always presented the most challenges for me. The Graffeo book might offer enough to address test type questions. Six minutes per problem means that if you know the basics you can probably handle the questions. A quick search on YouTube "power flow system stability" brings up several interesting videos. Could be a good resource. Different slants from certain YT instructors can be helpful.

Try look at power flow for induction machine under Wildi book. It does give some write up but it's pretty straight forward i think ...

power input = power output + losses

hello friends

i am not able to find solid references for power flow and power stability.

i have grainger and graffeo but i found them very confusing.

can u suggest any ?

thank you !
You may have already been thinking this but the NCEES guide sheet lists parallel transformers/generators under flow/stability. Those "parallel" problems seem to show up on a lot of sample tests which could mean that they are likely to show up on a real test. To me they were easier to grasp than some of the other flow/stability problems.

I also used the Graffeo book and had some questions. I emailed the author and to my surprise, he responded the next day and really helped me out. There's also links on his site to a couple of free references on stability and protection. http://powerpeexamguide.com/

Back