help! electrical engineering. Spain To Usa

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bromance_fit

Reaction score
good afternoon, I hope you all are doing okey. I have some questions that you might help, please.

I am from spain and I am about to get my bachelor degree "electrical engineering" in 2 weeks.

I would like to work in United State.

Can you tell me a good website where i can apply for a job and what is the best company to evaluate my degree?

Thank you so much in advance.

carrerbuilder is a good website also monsters jobs is a good website for degree evaluation NCEES... before getting out of school if i was you i would get my degree evaluated first... you may need to take more clases if your degree have deficientcies.

You will have to find a company that willing to sponsor you for H1B visa. At today's climate unless you are in the highly demand field, it's a tough sale for company that willing to fly you in for interview etc.

Thank you so much @wildsoldier PE I will check it out.

I know it is tough but I need to try it I need to become my dream true. @iwire.

Thank you all.

Any advice I will be glad to read it.

to what state you are planning to move? Are you thinking on taking the FE exam?

Last edited by a moderator:
Florida.

Yes, I am planning to take the FE but first I need to get the work visa from a company to get a social security number and then I can be available to take the FE.

@wildsoldier PE

bromance_fit

The entity that administers the FE exam named NCEES does administer it in countries outside of the US and Canada. Maybe you can take the FE exam before coming to the US which will be advantegeous you when applying for a job and a work visa. The link to NCEES International is below.

http://ncees.org/audience-landing-pages/international/

Regards

JB66money

bromance_fit

The entity that administers the FE exam named NCEES does administer it in countries outside of the US and Canada. Maybe you can take the FE exam before coming to the US which will be advantegeous you when applying for a job and a work visa. The link to NCEES International is below.

http://ncees.org/audience-landing-pages/international/

Regards

JB66money
I hear Japan is lovely this time of year. Those aren't all inclusive, some carribean countries have deals with individual states rather than NCEES as a whole, not sure if those countries have the exam at each offering though.

When you apply for the FE, I've heard some states have looser rules on foreign degree reviews than others, for some reason South Carolina & Oregon ring a bell. Also don't be surprised if they make you take humanities classes, it seems like everyone I know who has had a foreign degree evaluation (mainly from central america and India) have had to go take humanities courses to get approval to take the FE/PE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back