NCEES Registration for Fall 2012 Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axm

Reaction score
I am planning to take PE Civil from CA in Fall 2012 (First time). Does anyone know when the NCEES registration process start? Also, do you send the NCEES registration separately to the state board. I was wondering about this, since the application deadline is May 1st and I dont see any link for registering for the Fall exam yet on the NCEES website.

You can only register for the exam on the NCEES website after your state admits you - you shouldn't need to send any NCEES registration info to the state at all. My registration opened in December for the April exam, so I would expect you to be able to register in June or thereabouts.

I'm in NY not CA but I can't imagine it's different.

I am planning to take PE Civil from CA in Fall 2012 (First time). Does anyone know when the NCEES registration process start? Also, do you send the NCEES registration separately to the state board. I was wondering about this, since the application deadline is May 1st and I dont see any link for registering for the Fall exam yet on the NCEES website.
http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/exam_registration_information.shtml

http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/appintrope.shtml

Okay, disregard my "don't send anything at all." Looks like you send in a copy after you register, but you still can't register until a couple months before the exam.

I am kinda bummed about the deadline being May 1st, it seems to be pushing my exam date out another six months.

I graduated on June 10, 2010 so I will have 2+ years by the time the October test rolls around however I won't have it before the May 1st deadline. I imagine quite a few people are in the same boat.... Has anyone actually been able to get around that?

Back