need help on enviro and water treatment

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ketanco

Reaction score
Hello,

for the AM portion of Water resources I kjnow there will be 2-3 questions. but we did not take these classes in my university and I have no idea how it works. CERM and All in one writes it very long and I can not study them all plus they give it directed towards PM too probably.

is someone able to direct me to a concise material where I can take a look taht will cover just the basics on these? so that I can do AM in those or at least know enough to figure it out during the exam?

If you dont know it I would just forget about it. You cant learn that stuff in a couple of weeks. Omitting some areas should be part of your study strategy.

i didnt ask my question correctly it seems

i meant only the environmental and water treatment section. i wrote them in the title and then forgot to incluide them again in my question...

of course i know and studied all the closed conduit, open channel flow and hydrology. those are not what i meant

but as for environmental and water treatment, i dont know them... can anyone refer me to a good short concise material on it? in CERM and All in one they explain it in too much detail directed to a PM depth. 2.5 weeks remaining i dont want to open a new front now... there will be only 2 or 3 questions from those

There will be 8 questions.

I think he is talking about environmental specifically.

If you dont know it I would just forget about it. You cant learn that stuff in a couple of weeks. Omitting some areas should be part of your study strategy.

Ageed. My very least faforite topic was environmental. From the start of my studies, I never had any intentions of even looking at it. What do they say, 'Know what you don't know'?

okay thanks for the answers... if there is anyone else who can refer me to somewhere to study a summary of the Environmental and Water treatment, directed to AM depth, I would appreciate. 2-3 questions, is about 3 percent of the exam. say i just guessed them all with 25% possibility, so I get only 0.75% out of 3% available. I think studying a summary for 2.25% is worth my time... :)

Personally, I don't think you'll see more than one enviro question in the AM. But, just in case, spend a few hours on these topics:

D. Wastewater Treatment

1. Collection systems (e.g., lift stations, sewer networks, infiltration, inflow)

E. Water Treatment

1. Hydraulic loading

2. Distribution systems

CERM covers this pretty well, I think (I used ENVRM, but they're the same for these chapters). 2.5 weeks is enough to at least read through it, try the example problems for yourself, so that you are familiar with what is in there and can access it in a pinch if required to.

Back