Anyone been watching the night sky this month?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I also have been looking up at the night sky. Then it got real windy out so I went inside and started playing this video game. Which I eventually beat. Then this weird old guy shows up out of nowhere in this futuristic looking car and says his name is Centauri. Then he says I have to go with him to defend some star league against Zuur and the Kodaan Armada. Sounded pretty serious. And the rest is history. BUT, the night sky was pretty spectacular. ;)

The sky was awesome a few days ago, when the crescent moon was right in between Venus and Jupiter.

I was out at a beach late last night, and got to watch Venus and the crescent moon reflected on the Philippine sea as they set. Absolutely beautiful.

2 weekends ago we saw:

Venus - In phase, as always

Mars

Jupiter - Atmosphere bands and 4 moons

Saturn - Later night to the west and its rings.

With a 6" scope

There was an episode of Modern Marvels on History channel a few weeks back on the construction of several of the observatories (including how they made the glass lenses at a time long before our current technology).

Back