Engineers in Exile

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Knight

Silent Guardian
Reaction score
Mod Squad,

I was going to name this topic P.E.s in Exile but then I realized that there might be EITs also. I want to suggest a Sub-Forum where we can go and post a message of support to our brothers serving offshore, name it Iraq or Afghanistan, etc. With Don leaving soon we will have two members of this Board, as far as I know, deployed. I think is a nice way to show our appreciation. Would like to ask, if this can be done, for everybody to avoid posting other things but messages of support to these brave friends. There is plenty of room in this Board to post about other things. Let this Sub-Forum be exclusively to support our Engineers/Soldiers. :wacko:

Luis "Rattlesnake"

I think them guys know we support them, I am all in favor of making a stickey thread in shoot the breeze where we can show our appreciation!

someone make it and I'll pin it!

Give 'em hell boys. Your dedication and support to your country allows all of us to remain free. I think about the trials you must face daily, and know that I'm safe because of your choice to defend our great country. God's speed gentlemen, and come home safe!

Does "supporting the troops" mean " supporting the war"? How do you distinguish the difference? Not that I have a strong opinion either way.

Hang in there guys!

Stay sharp and be on your toes. Operation Iraqi Freedom is at a pivotal stage now, so you guys there are setting the stage for the future. Not sure what capacity ya'll are serving, whether combat engineering, PRT, or facilities support, but engineers without a doubt are among the hardest workers there. So during your downtime, when you get tired of the KBR SOS chow and done all the MWR & USO functions, the website has got alot to offer towards stimulating your mind and giving a chance to help others!

tell seajay we said hello!

& yes we are not really worthy enough to post in this thread and tell you thanks!

tell seajay we said hello!
& yes we are not really worthy enough to post in this thread and tell you thanks!
Well said RG. Nothing said, or to be said here, will be enough to express our gratitude and how important you are for us as a Nation.

SeaJay: I have not interact too much with you but want to let you know I will include you and your family in our prayers as well as Don's and Sapper's. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does "supporting the troops" mean " supporting the war"? How do you distinguish the difference? Not that I have a strong opinion either way.

Not necessarily. In this country, as in yours, the troops don't have a choice about going to war. The CIC says "go" and they say "Yes Sir!". It is perfectly appropriate to show support for the troops themselves, even if you disagree with the war. They didn't make the decision for themselves to go to war because they thought it would be fun or glorious or whatever. The President sent them, and they go because it is their sworn duty, whether they like it or not. Imagine if you will that your brother was in the U.S. Army, and his unit gets called up for duty in Iraq. If you did not support the war itself, would you take it out on your brother? The only person that should be held responsible for the decision to go to war is the President, it's his call, not the troops'.

I happen to support the war, but I wish it was going smoother and that it was getting better press coverage. War's not an easy business though, I bet the Allies wished it went smoother during WWII also. This nation is at war with Muslim extremists whether or not the general public or a portion of the political leadership would like to admit it. The way I see it, we're fighting them in Iraq so we don't have to fight them here. I've got four young sons, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if one or more of them join the military and carry on this fight 15 years from now, if not in Iraq then somewhere else.

Give 'em hell guys, and come home safely to your families and to your grateful nation.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!! :th_rockon:

;) :bananalama: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

I was sent this in an email today:

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America, he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many

want in... And how many want out."

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ

2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Keep your head low, fellas. And remember, you always have someone(s) that appreciates what you are doing...

ktulu

I went to a presentation by a defense contractor a few nights ago. The presenter heads up the ethics office and most of her talking points were about ethics, but her roots were in security.

She said right now there are 16 active conflicts in which the the United States is engaged. Even though Iraq is up front and center stage getting most of the press, if that conflict were to go away, there would still be 15 conflicts.

It is staggering to think about how much our troops must give - not only those troops, but their family, friends, and community.

The work and sacrifice is very much appreciated for all of the conflicts around the world.
19.gif

JR

Not necessarily. In this country, as in yours, the troops don't have a choice about going to war. The CIC says "go" and they say "Yes Sir!". It is perfectly appropriate to show support for the troops themselves, even if you disagree with the war. They didn't make the decision for themselves to go to war because they thought it would be fun or glorious or whatever. The President sent them, and they go because it is their sworn duty, whether they like it or not. Imagine if you will that your brother was in the U.S. Army, and his unit gets called up for duty in Iraq. If you did not support the war itself, would you take it out on your brother? The only person that should be held responsible for the decision to go to war is the President, it's his call, not the troops'.
I happen to support the war, but I wish it was going smoother and that it was getting better press coverage. War's not an easy business though, I bet the Allies wished it went smoother during WWII also. This nation is at war with Muslim extremists whether or not the general public or a portion of the political leadership would like to admit it. The way I see it, we're fighting them in Iraq so we don't have to fight them here. I've got four young sons, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if one or more of them join the military and carry on this fight 15 years from now, if not in Iraq then somewhere else.

Give 'em hell guys, and come home safely to your families and to your grateful nation.
:D

:appl:

Stay safe and get the job done! I'm behind you and behind the cause! :unitedstates:

As I was cleaning out my office, I found this poem and thought I should put it in here.....

"Eulogy for a Veteran"

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not here, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow,

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain,

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circled flight,

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not here,

I did not die.

-Unknown

***Stay safe. We continue to pray for your safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
:unitedstates: I definitely support our men and women in the military!! My sister-in-law just headed to Iraq for 18 months and my brother heads out in August. They are "hoping" to be home by Christmas of 2008. :unitedstates: We will be thinking about you all!! :unitedstates:

The role our brethren play became especially clear on the 4th. You guys rock! :th_rockon: . Kick some anti-US butts out there. :unitedstates:

I am so grateful to all those serving our country and their families. I have friends and family in military. I live in eastern NC, close to Camp Lejeune and Cherry Point. My prayers are with all of you. God bless you and your loved ones. You are all awesome.

Back