Civil - structural PE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noghre111

Reaction score
what did everyone think about the structural depth section of the October 2011 exam?

I can't help to wonder how it difficult/easy it was for others!

Was my first time, so don't have much experience. I can't say was hard but a lot of questions which you would give an answer right away at the exam, than you get home, think again and realize you choosed the wrong answer. Some questions were just common sense. If you have some structural background doesn't seems too difficult. I think the more problems you work out and faster you find the required information in the code easier it seems. Good luck to everyone.

I found it to be humbling, especially compared to the AM section. I was able to answer all the questions without having to guess blindly, but they were difficult. Several problems I felt like I had required equation, but my answers were not anywhere near the choices. I am very interested to see the results, I would not be surprised if I got 12-15 correct or 28-30. The distractor choices always make it hard to get a real good feel of how you think you did. I also did a very good job of "forgetting" the problems once I walked out of the exam. This way I was not stressing and/or trying to figure out what i got right and wrong. At that point, whats done is done and it was just time to wait.

-AM

Back