Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-NIC

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to know if any of you know about FHSS? I did a little research on it so I know the basics. There currently exists a WiFi system that runs on 100mW 2.4GHz and uses FHSS inside a cement building. I was wondering if there would be a problem if I use a 200mW 2.4 GHz FHSS remote control (transmitter) to control transporter/crane outside? My understanding is that FHSS switches quickly and and it won't cause interference on a narrow band but how would it work with two FHSS in the same area? Also, I would be near the walls, but I'm not sure how much signal would even get through the cement walls to effect it. Any thoughts, or references? Thank you.

Hello,
I wanted to know if any of you know about FHSS? I did a little research on it so I know the basics. There currently exists a WiFi system that runs on 100mW 2.4GHz and uses FHSS inside a cement building. I was wondering if there would be a problem if I use a 200mW 2.4 GHz FHSS remote control (transmitter) to control transporter/crane outside? My understanding is that FHSS switches quickly and and it won't cause interference on a narrow band but how would it work with two FHSS in the same area? Also, I would be near the walls, but I'm not sure how much signal would even get through the cement walls to effect it. Any thoughts, or references? Thank you.

I can't answer your question, but wanna thank you for the laugh....

Haven't heard about frequency hopping spread spectrum in YEARS!! (since I graduated school in '01).

I so wanted do do wireless back in the day....just never worked out. I'm happy to be a power/fire alarm guy now. :)

Back