Class photo called ‘offensive’ and ‘degrading’

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, and that was my point. Anytime a woman complains of sexism or a minority complains of racism, someone from the privileged side will claim they're playing the sex card or race card.
Any time a woman/minority complains of sexism/racism WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE provided, most from the privileged side will claim they're playing the sex/race card. The same thing would happen if a white male complained of being assaulted but didn't have any evidence of the assault.

The same thing will also happen if anything goes well for a woman or minority, like getting hired or promoted.
That's just not true and you should know better. A statement like that seems to come from those with a chip on their shoulder. Sure, there are still some chauvinists and racists in the U.S., but there are most certainly the small minority. [see what I did there?]

That's just not true and you should know better. A statement like that seems to come from those with a chip on their shoulder. Sure, there are still some chauvinists and racists in the U.S., but there are most certainly the small minority. [see what I did there?]
True, that was an unfair statement I made. Many of the ol' boys at my current job grumble to me about various people I respect who they believe were promoted for their gender or race, so that's been a chip on my shoulder recently, but that's never been an issue anywhere else I've worked before. Sorry for overgeneralizing.

I definitely have racist tendencies myself, but for the record, I allowed white eggs in my home today.

Many of the ol' boys at my current job grumble to me about various people I respect who they believe were promoted for their gender or race, so that's been a chip on my shoulder recently, but that's never been an issue anywhere else I've worked before.
Sunlight is the best disinfectant!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/nbc-fires-producer-over-edited-zimmerman-911-call-201124740.html

The recording aired on NBC's "Today" show on March 27, when the audio viewers heard suggested that Zimmerman volunteered to police, without provocation, that Martin was black: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

But the tape had been edited, and the portion where the 911 dispatcher specifically asks Zimmerman if the person in question was "black, white or Hispanic," was deleted.
And this is why even legitimate cases of racism aren't given their due credibility.

Back