How many years out of college were you when you got your PE??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished college in 2008, grad school in 2011.

Applied for the exam with 3 years experience and just found out I passed the October 2011 exam.

Passed the national exam in October 2011, 2 years out of grad school. I would have taken it sooner but I kept getting pregnant after graduation. =P

Last edited by a moderator:
Compared to some of these posts, my eighteen years doesn't seem too long. I passed the FE in April 2010 and I passed the PE this morning!

B.S. ChemE - June 08

FE - Passed April 08

P.E. Civil - Passed 8 hour 10/10, Passed seismic/survey 4/11

so ~ 2.5 yrs for PE

graduated in 1998

fe in 2004 first attempt

pe in 2011 first attempt

so that is equal to lucky number ; 13 :)

Graduated BS 2004

Passed FE April 2006

Passed PE Oct 2011

7 years, but passed both FE and PE first try. Funny thing is I don't need my PE, just did it because my company offered to pay for it... :dunno:

Finished university in 1996. Took FE Oct 2010 and PE Oct 2011. Passed both first time after hundreds of hours study shoooo! Heart nearly stopped twice-once when I logged onto ncees to get results for FE in '10 and and now PE '11
I am exactly in the same shoe, passed FE in Oct 2010, now PE Oct 2011, but sill waiting on my 2 state exams surveying and Seismic. If the result will be the same as for national exam......will be the best Christmas gift ever got....

Good luck to everyone

10 years out of college for me. Graduated in '01, got PE last week (Oct 11 exam). Only been doing engineering work for 5 years, though. (I was in the Army after graduation...ROTC paid for school).

BS ChemE 2004

MS ChemE 2006

FE April - 2010 first attempt

PE Chem Oct - 2011 first attempt.

I am not sure if PE is going to help me get more money but I got it anyways because of financial support from my Manager.

Back