October 2010 Environmental PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBK

Reaction score
What were your thoughts on the October 2010 Environmental PE exam? Was it what you expected?

Having more experience in wastewater I thought it was definitely easier in the morning than the afternoon. Any ideas or feelings of what the cut scores are?

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the Environmental PE too, first time for me. I didn't think it was too complicated. If i had a couple of more resources, i think i would have passed no problem, but as of right now, i give myself a 50/50 chance. I thought the morning was a little easier than the afternoon, but i think pretty much they were about the same. I was kind of wondering what the cut score would be too, since there are 100 questions and not 80. i mean i think the cut score will be about 65 right.

I thought the test was pretty balanced. No real "depth" on any one subject, mostly superficial plug and chug or quick answer reasoning questions. There weren't too many "out there" questions, although there were some surprises. Good thing was that I was able to reason the surprise questions or atleast make educated guesses. I'd say I knew how to solve/answer ~70 questions, another 25 I made educated guesses, and 5 that I had no idea. Hopefully it'll add up to a pass, I sure as hell don't want to sit through this exam again.

I'd like to add that having the right references is crucial on this exam. You just can't solve enough problems to be ready for the "breadth" of the exam. Specially useful were Hazardous Waste Management by LaGrega, Groundwater and Soil Remediation by Kuo, Metcalf & Eddy, EERM, and the Environmental Engineering PE Review by King (which is an older book I borrowed from my boss).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for updating everyone on this fall's exam. If you are able, put in a post in the "advice" thread pinned at the top of this forum.

Hopefully all our advice will still be useful for the folks taking the exam next time, now that the specifications have changed!

Back