Does "Supersede" supersede "Supercede"?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolverine

Uncanny Pompadour
Reaction score
Apparently, "supersede" does indeed supersede "supercede".

supersede

/soprseed/

• verb take the place of; supplant.

— USAGE The standard spelling is supersede rather than supercede.

— ORIGIN Latin supersedere ‘be superior to’.

su·per·cede

variant of supersede

usage Supercede has occurred as a spelling variant of supersede since the 17th century, and it is common in current published writing. It continues, however, to be widely regarded as an error.

I will yield to the two M "dilemma", but I refuse on penalty of death to pronounce the silent T in "often"

Last edited by a moderator:
So, can you paint a pic of a: Super Seed?
OK.

Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

I will yield to the two M "dilemma", but I refuse on penalty of death to pronounce the silent T in "often"
So how do you redneck's tell the difference between "Bob was off in the woods caught with his pants down" and "Bob was often in the woods caught with his pants down"? As a first offense, I'm sure you'd give Bob some slack...

So how do you redneck's tell the difference between "Bob was off in the woods caught with his pants down" and "Bob was often in the woods caught with his pants down"? As a first offense, I'm sure you'd give Bob some slack...
the second one has two n's

"off in" vs. "often in"

Rednecks - 1

IlPadrino - 0

You seem to have an overabundance of apostrophes.

Back