PE Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dneva

Reaction score
It would be nice to determine what the was the passing cut score for the PE Civil Exam. If you did not pass the exam, please post your number of problems correct out of 80 questions.

So does that mean the cut score can't be less than 69%, assuming minimum 55/80 to pass? Does that seem high? I'm in Oregon and haven't received my results yet.
The best guess is the cutscore is SOMEWHERE around 70% (56/80)... but unless we got lots more data, you can't tell because some questions may not be counted.

It could also very by depth.

I wonder why people here don't collect/combine diagnostic information and see what it shows.

The best guess is the cutscore is SOMEWHERE around 70% (56/80)... but unless we got lots more data, you can't tell because some questions may not be counted.
It could also very by depth.

I wonder why people here don't collect/combine diagnostic information and see what it shows.
To make it easier for someone to calculate their cut scores, attached you will find the excel file to do so.

To make it easier for someone to calculate their cut scores, attached you will find the excel file to do so.
I do not have the authority to upload this file. See topic "Spreadsheet to Analyze Civil Diagnostic" for spreadsheet.

It would be nice to determine what the was the passing cut score for the PE Civil Exam. If you did not pass the exam, please post your number of problems correct out of 80 questions.
this was my first attempt for PE civil with geotech depth. i already knew my failure from tx board site b4 but recently i got the official letter with diagnostic.

Knowledge areas percent correct

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breadth-Construction 50

Breadth-Geotech 62 <----- killer

Breadth-Structural 50

Breadth-Transportation 75

Breadth-Water resources and env 38 <--------killer, i din trust enviro at all but still...

Subsurface exploration and sampling 67

Engg properties of soils and materials 60 <-------killer

Soil Mechanics Analysis 40 <-------killer

Earthquake Engineering 100

Earth Structures 0 <-------backstabber

Shallow Foundations 83

Earth Retaining Structures 67

Deep Foundations 75

Other topics 40 <------killer

By looking at the percentage of questions from the outlined sylabus it seems i had 45 or 46 questions correct out of a total of 80, and my scaled score was "60". So assuming that 56 might be the magic number of required correct answers i fell short drastically. i feel bad bcoz i missed points on easy topics which could have very easily got me those 10 extra correct answers. but again, i dont know mayb the required correct answers this time was 60/80. i pretty much predicted similar amount of correct answers and i thought some of my guessed answers would pull me up but guess not. But after seing the diagnostic i am again motivated to study and will try my best to nail it on the second time in october:)

Back