Anyone have a Carfax Account?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
If anyone has a Carfax acct, can they please run my old Ford Ranger and Dodge Shadow through? I totalled the Ranger in '02 but last I heard it was back on the road in FL. I sold the Shadow in 2004.

Ranger

1FTYR14U6WPB64686

Shadow

1B3XP64J5MN545590

I prefer the Car Fox ....

megan-fox-in-the-car.jpg

:D

JR

The CarFax people are all around the interwebz looking for people running VINs on their account for a group. They'll cancel the account if they find anyone doing it. I'll see if a buddy of mine on another forum can run them for ya.

Only time I've ever used them was on a potential used car (dealer) and I'd just have them run it for me... Good luck.

I prefer the Car Fox ....
megan-fox-in-the-car.jpg

:D

JR
That I can understand.

The CarFax people are all around the interwebz looking for people running VINs on their account for a group. They'll cancel the account if they find anyone doing it. I'll see if a buddy of mine on another forum can run them for ya.
Thanks, that's kinda scummy of the Carfax guys. The one time I bought it, you could run unlimited VINs for a month.

Only time I've ever used them was on a potential used car (dealer) and I'd just have them run it for me... Good luck.
Thanks.

Thanks, that's kinda scummy of the Carfax guys. The one time I bought it, you could run unlimited VINs for a month.
What they mean is unlimited carfax access for cars you, personally, are looking at. They'd rather get 100 subscriptions for 100 people instead of one subscription for 100 people. :vadar:

What's your email? I may or may not have some car info for ya. ;)

What they mean is unlimited carfax access for cars you, personally, are looking at. They'd rather get 100 subscriptions for 100 people instead of one subscription for 100 people. :vadar:
What's your email? I may or may not have some car info for ya. ;)
Yeah, biut most people won't buy the acct just for curiosity.

PM sent, thanks!

carfax report is only as good as the police departments in the state. In IL carfax reports are essentially useless. There was a huge article a while back. It is not law here, so there are no requirements for the state to report. So it is up to the individual police departments to submit the accident reports/info(etc) to the reporting agencys where car fax gets their info. with tight budgets you can probable assume that never gets done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back