Does this really need to be mandated?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it cuts down the smell in the work place, then I'd be all for it, but then you people who over do the stinky beauty products and it doesn't help the scenario any.

You know this had to have been brought on by some woman that dressed like a ho and wore short skirts where you could occasionally catch a glimpse.

I wonder if 'crotchless' undies are permitted under the new regs...

You know this had to have been brought on by some woman that dressed like a ho and wore short skirts where you could occasionally catch a glimpse.
I wonder if 'crotchless' undies are permitted under the new regs...

How about edible undies?

Wouldn't want to be outside in the heat with those though. Sure to attract ants.

What about people like ... Commando Girl?! This would preclude them from ... well .. you know ....

JR

You haven't lived until you've had to counsel an employee about bathing on a regular basis........ :true:

Working at a nuclear plant, I was shocked at the things I would see when changing into the coveralls for contaminated areas. After a few sexual harassment suites were filed, most of the plants started issuing scrubs like those used in hospitals to wear under the PC's.

I've never been in a management role where I had to do that, but we did have a smelly guy where I used to work that got talked to. Dude smelled like he just ate a pack of cigarettes. Blecch.
there are loads of people around here that smell like ashtrays. to the point it lingers in elevators and staircases...rather nasty. How can they not smell it themselves?

there are loads of people around here that smell like ashtrays. to the point it lingers in elevators and staircases...rather nasty. How can they not smell it themselves?
When you smoke, you can't smell it unless its ultra stinky like a cigar. Its like living next to a sewage plant, after awhile you get used to it.

Working at a nuclear plant, I was shocked at the things I would see when changing into the coveralls for contaminated areas. After a few sexual harassment suites were filed, most of the plants started issuing scrubs like those used in hospitals to wear under the PC's.
Homer Simpson in a thong?

It gets pretty hot in some places wearing Anti-C's. One of the places I go requires two layers of Saranex (which is a non-breathable fabric) and a full face respirator. Combined with a building that gets to over 100 degrees in the summer, and you've got a heat stroke waiting to happen. So we see some pretty light attire under the coveralls in those areas. Of course, its no different from what you see at the local Wal-mart here in East TN.

Homer Simpson in a thong?
That pretty much describes it. There were also reports of contractors going commando in the coveralls. The female radiation techs were always happy to see those guys scanning out.

It gets pretty hot in some places wearing Anti-C's. One of the places I go requires two layers of Saranex (which is a non-breathable fabric) and a full face respirator. Combined with a building that gets to over 100 degrees in the summer, and you've got a heat stroke waiting to happen. So we see some pretty light attire under the coveralls in those areas. Of course, its no different from what you see at the local Wal-mart here in East TN.
Double rubbers and a face mask suck. Even with an ice vest, your stay-time is pretty limited in that environment. One more reason I'm happy not to be working full time at the plant.

I worked at a place once, and I had given my 2 week notice to go college, the 30 something married receptionist mentioned to me she never wears underwear at work ......or any other time.

I thought it was a very weird thing to say to a casual acquaintance at work. I mean I knew she was hitting on me, but in a really bizarre way. At least to a 22 year old.

Fast forward about a year later I ran into a guy I used to work with at that place, and over a few beers and pool he told me a story about a receptionist who got fired for having sex in the ladies room. Word around the plant it was a somewhat regular occurrence.

Weird part of the story was her husband was there, but not participating, just watching one of the electricians do his wife.

It takes all kinds.

Back