Admit it

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
"Don't worry honey. You just relax and spend time on the important things, like picking out your dress. I'll take care of everything else."

car.JPG

wedding1.jpg

I hope jr and dude are taking notes.

Last edited by a moderator:
those are some interesting wedding pictures. I suppose in the future they'll be looking at the pictures and she'll say "Wow, that was a nice rod you had at the reception."

Maybe I could start routinely marrying couples at Hooters. You know, make it my gig. It's a win/win. They get their glorious day, and I'll only charge them a bucket of wings (I'll take the thighs and breasts on my own).

Maybe I could start routinely marrying couples at Hooters. You know, make it my gig. It's a win/win. They get their glorious day, and I'll only charge them a bucket of wings (I'll take the thighs and breasts on my own).
Are you a minister? Justice of the Peace? or just hungry? :dunno:

I'm a legally ordained minister through the Universal Life Church (I can't begin to describe the irony behind that one.)

Though I also can't say no to wings.

I'm a legally ordained minister through the Universal Life Church (I can't begin to describe the irony behind that one.)
What's the story there again?

I would like to do that, except for the slight chance that G-- might consider it blasphemy if I did it just on a goof. Now there's a low-risk/high-consequence proposition if ever I saw one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you a minister? Justice of the Peace? or just hungry? :dunno:
I attended a wedding in New Hampshire recently where friends of the happy couple performed the ceremony.

I figured they saw/would see a judge or JP on the side to make it official, but apparently in NH, anyone can perform the service as long as the appropriate official signs off on a wedding license after the fact.

I was surprised to hear that.

What's the story there again?
I would like to do that, except for the slight chance that G-- might consider it blasphemy if I did it just on a goof. Now there's a low-risk/high-consequence proposition if ever I saw one.

Did it mostly at a goof (I'm agnostic at best on a good day), but I'm trying to convince one of my best friends from college to let me marry him and his fiance. She banned him from INVITING me to the wedding based on stories she heard about me in college, but she never said anything about HIRING me to be there.

There's one of the popular radio personalities who is actually an ordained minister and will perform radio shows around the holidays for mass-weddings at the local ski-resorts (Xmas, New years, Valentines Day). He still gets about 50+ couples at each event after doing it for several years...

My wife and I were married by a good friend of hers from her high school days. She got legally ordained online, and the marriage is completely legit. This was here in PA. In our particular case, we had an inter-faith marriage, and my wife didn't want to be married by a priest, and the rabbi she knows wouldn't perform the ceremony for obvious reasons. We preferred to at least have someone we knew and were close to us marry us, rather than a random JOP or searching around for a rabbi or someone that would do the ceremony...

^ Neither the mrs. or I are particularly religious, so we got married by a judge.

My parents had a double wedding with a priest and a rabbi (parents insisted) and I gather it didn't work out all that well. Though that was the early 70's when marriages were more traditional and the parents had their hands in it more.

Both my parents and my in-laws have told us they would have done a small, destination wedding at someplace special to them (kinda like we did) but people just didn't do that then and a lot of it was based on the parents wishes.

Soils and concrete testing online training = most boring ever.

Back