Help!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PE-ness

Advanced Member
Reaction score
So it should go without saying that I have been growing some Sea Monkeys for a while.

Well, a recent turn of events has me worried. One evening, I checked in on them and found that there were far fewer "swimmers" than there used to be, and in fact, there were a few of them lying dead in the bottom of the container.

What could have caused this? I have fed them as required, exposed them to daylight occasionally, and work them out regularly. I've even topped off their water levels occasionally, when the fluid they swim in gets too murky looking, or too dry.

Please help me troubleshoot this problem. I don't want my Sea Monkeys to all die!

I would say that sea bananas are your best bet, but I haven't seen those in a looooooong time. In fact, I've never seen them. I just made it up.

Is the water temperature correct? Not too hot or cold?

Have you tried spanking them? I know it may sound odd, but sometimes spanking the sea monkey will cause it to rise up and be less lethargic. Truth be told, after the initial burst of excitemnet, they may go back to a dormant state.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any sea monkeys anymore. I found them annoying, lot's of work to protect against them getting out, and just all around a pain in the neck, so I made sure they were eliminated.

My problem wasn't keeping them alive, quite the opposite, those little bastards were bugging my wife too god **** much. I gotta tell you, if she ain't happy - nobody's happy.

Have you tried injecting your swimmers into a poo hole? Monkeys love to sling poo, that ought to do the trick.

the environment in which the monkeys live is critical... you want room for them to move around, and not get too hot but they need proper support as well.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I can always count on EB. Unlike that "other board", where I get banned all the time (I still don't understand why).

I tried airing out my seamonkeys for a while in an airconditioned room, and they seemed to respond well. So perhaps it was a temprature issue.

But now I have an even bigger problem.... some of the sea monkeys apper to be breeding! I didn't think that was possible. But then again, I suppose new sea monkeys have to come from somewhere..... I mean, it's not like they're just manufactured from some gland somewhere..... ..... ...... right?

I am wondering if I should be worried about this. Or if, perhaps, this only menas I should not worry - my sea monkeys are self-propagating, and I should therefore have an endless supply. ?

maybe you've got too much algae growing on your, um, "container".

Time to wash up, if you know what I mean.

This might help:

So, if your cat shows up wearing a seamonkey coat, you'll know something's up...

I hate to ruin it, but they're not really "Sea-Monkeys" - they're actually brine shrimp.

Get them wet again; they'll come back to life.

I recommend repeated wettings. Let us know how it turns out. Pics would be good too.

Given that, at best, only one seamonkey will survive an encounter with a "cat", I would agree that there is much to debate on that issue.

Back