The Hardest Jobs to Fill in America

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I generally agree with the tone of the article, I don't know if you can really take it to heart when you read statements like the following ...

Beginning engineers need only an undergraduate diploma--and with that they earn a starting salary of six figures.
I am not sure I have ever met anyone with 'only' an undergrad diploma that can come out earning a starting salary of 'six figures'.

I am not sayin' ... just sayin' ....

JR

Yeah, better yet, they could have put it in a chart with the salary numbers in scientific notation so we wouldn't have to deal with all those pesky zeroes...

Is stormwater modeler on the list?

I am not sure I have ever met anyone with 'only' an undergrad diploma that can come out earning a starting salary of 'six figures'.
What if you went to a Top 3 program and own a contracting business?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is stormwater modeler on the list?

What if you went to a Top 3 program and own a contracting business?
Then it doesn't matter, your sheer awesomeness creates a situation where dollars are meaningless to you.

I don't know about that six-figure statement, but I'm sending that article to my boss.

I don't know about that six-figure statement, but I'm sending that article to my boss.
I'd do that, but I'd be kindly directed to HR for my exit interview.

Yeah, I didn't really send it ... too afraid to. If everything works out for me, he will be approving a decent new position for me anyway, so the last thing I need is to look like a whiner at this point in time.

Back