Things to do in London

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snickerd3

Taking suggestions
Reaction score
We decided on going to london for vacation this year. Any suggestions on things to do?

We already know we want to go to the British Musuem and take a ride on the Eye ferris wheel thing.

We also already have tickets to see 2 performances at the Royal Opera House.

St. Paul's cathedral. Very cool place to visit. Creepy, too, as the dome was all that was left after the area was bombed in WWII.

Big Ben... isn't that the big clock in London. Must take a picture in front of it. Just to say, "Been there, done that."

That reminds me... take a boat ride on the Thames. You'll pass right by Parliament and Big Ben. Not only that, but you'll go under the "London Bridge". Those can make for some neato pictures.

drink some warm beer, eat some crappy food, get bored and pop over to Scotland and visit some distilleries.

Thats what I would do...

Changing of the gaurd at Buckingham Palace. Also, if the royal family is not 'in residence', I think they let the public go inside Buckingham. Very cool. Also, you should go see the crown jewels at the Tower of London (near Parliament).

go to a dubstep party

edit: Iv'e heard that's a real hot semi-underground scene in London... and I dig that style of music

Last edited by a moderator:
Changing of the gaurd at Buckingham Palace. Also, if the royal family is not 'in residence', I think they let the public go inside Buckingham. Very cool. Also, you should go see the crown jewels at the Tower of London (near Parliament).
That also reminds me of something else. Go see Westminster Abbey. If you're lucky enough as my family when we went, we were touring the church when the London boys choir began singing. Hands down, that was the most incredible singing I have ever, and WILL ever, hear. Simply astounding. Side note, one of my ancestors is buried IN Westminster Abbey, Richard Busby. :D

Not only that, but you'll go under the "London Bridge". Those can make for some neato pictures.
London Bridge is in Arizona ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Bridge...obert_McCulloch

The new London Bridge isn't very picturesque

london-bridge-z74e.jpg

Your probably thinking of Tower Bridge if you want "neato pictures"

Tower_bridge_London_Twilight_-_November_2006.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_bridge

Edit: found a better picture of London Bridge, funny thing is if you search for London Bridge images 95% of the pictures returned are of Tower Bridge. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watchout for Werewolves. . .with perfect hair. . .and beef chowmein

drink some warm beer, eat some crappy food, get bored and pop over to Scotland and visit some distilleries.

Thats what I would do...
I happen to find the food quite good thank you very much. :angry:

^ Yeah I really like the food I tried over there. And the beer isn't warm, it's just not so cold that you can't taste it.

I stayed in Bath while I was there. I didn't make it to London. The train fare was $100/person, so it was just a little too steep. Went to the ocean instead.

We decided on going to london for vacation this year. Any suggestions on things to do?
We already know we want to go to the British Musuem and take a ride on the Eye ferris wheel thing.

I'm going to London this year as well and would love to hear some good tips.

One friend said it would be great to see the English countryside.

^ I took the train a lot and got to see quite a bit of the countryside and some quaint little towns.

We did a traditional afternoon tea service in this ancient looking teahouse in Bradford-on-Avon.

I'm going to London this year as well and would love to hear some good tips.
One friend said it would be great to see the English countryside.
My hubby has had the chance to see some of the countryside on some of his business trips there. He said the white cliffs of Dover are neat, but Sherwood forest was just a small bunch of trees. When he was out near Sherwood forest area he stayed at an Inn called the laughing donkey or something similar. It was literally an old stable they converted into a hotel. I saw pictures, the rooms were so tiny.

We did a traditional afternoon tea service in this ancient looking teahouse in Bradford-on-Avon.
Ugh...tea...as bad as coffee.

It's a little bit of a drive but I thought Stone Henge was fascinating.

Back