Accomplishing your goals

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chucktown PE

Reaction score
Over the past two years I have had a goal out there that I never thought I would accomplish. It took grit, determination, sheer will, and sacrifice. Well I am proud to report that I accomplished my goal, I am now one of the top 20 posters on EB.com. Hell yeah. I owe it all to the survivor contest and the 10k. Without those threads I would probably be stuck on page 6 of the leader board.

I need to find a new goal. I've accomplished all of the goals that I had as a young engineer. I don't think I need another engineering goal now. I need a personal goal.

I always have bunches of little goals going on. Right now I want to lose 15 lbs in a year, read 50 books in a year (this is a really easy one, I'm a reading addict), .... pay more attention to the hubby, and he just put on a sexy nirvana song and giving me the googly eyes...... later

I always have bunches of little goals going on. Right now I want to lose 15 lbs in a year, read 50 books in a year (this is a really easy one, I'm a reading addict), .... pay more attention to the hubby, and he just put on a sexy nirvana song and giving me the googly eyes...... later

Sexy nirvana song?

:dunno: :blink:

I don't know, when I'm trying to woo the wifey I would typically opt for Barry White or some jazz, Nirvana never really came to mind. But hey, different strokes for different folks I guess.
See, there's your mistake.

If you would just play grunge or angry music, you'd be getting laid like there's no tomorrow. Of course, the same would happen if you were to put on a Tom Jones album. I suggest "Sex Bomb" as the opener for the evening.

See, there's your mistake.
If you would just play grunge or angry music, you'd be getting laid like there's no tomorrow. Of course, the same would happen if you were to put on a Tom Jones album. I suggest "Sex Bomb" as the opener for the evening.

When my wife is happy I tend to get a lot more action than when she's mad and I don't see how playing grunge or angry music could improve one's mood. I'm not sure Tom Jones would do the trick either. But to tell the truth, any music whatsoever has the potential to wake up kiddos, thus ruining my chances entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the past two years I have had a goal out there that I never thought I would accomplish. It took grit, determination, sheer will, and sacrifice. Well I am proud to report that I accomplished my goal, I am now one of the top 20 posters on EB.com. Hell yeah. I owe it all to the survivor contest and the 10k. Without those threads I would probably be stuck on page 6 of the leader board.
well done chuck!

eric_cartman_beefcake.jpg

That's awsome Chuck!!! Congrats!! :appl: :appl:

I need to find a new goal. I've accomplished all of the goals that I had as a young engineer. I don't think I need another engineering goal now. I need a personal goal.
A personal goal is really, really great! :) It also helps restore/maintain the balance between work and personal life.

Wow .. we are like on the same page - I am totally working on losing more weight and readinng more that isn't related to work or academia. And, FWIW, I think paying more attention to the hubby will pay more dividends than you could ever imagine. :)

Ugh ... now I have Cartman's voice ringing in my ears screaming beefcake .... thanks VTE! :poking:

JR

I have a new goal... my yard.

I have neglected it since we moved in and focused on the inside only... this year, we have gotten a new front storm and entry door, we are getting the house painted, I am landscaping in the front, I am removing the old deck footings and back house footings, removing portions of the old patio, removing and trimming trees, clearing the overgrown crap from the perimeter of my yard (mostly bamboo), and putting in a swingset for the kids!

Actually my real goal is make my yard safe for my kids to play in and nice to look at.

Deck footings are out, most of the patio is out... I'll be calling for a 20yd dumpster for concrete, masonry, and rock in a few weeks.

^^ I don't know, maybe something engineering related this time. Publish a paper or something. Actually, tonight, it's to stop checking EB.com and finish writing this stinking contract so I can go home.
you sayin' bein' a top 20 poster on EB.com ISN'T engineering related?! wtf!?

could you in fact be the true identity of BigTrees?

:joke:

Back