Did you do a "prep class"?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
I did and I think it was a complete waste of time & Money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did one , it was 5 saturdays, half of the "instructors" did not even know the test was now multiple choice, At most I pulled 3 questions from those classes.

We spent an entire day designing t-beams, slabs, concrete beams, etc... (For the Structural Day) Looking back I would have been better off spending the day reviewing Statics on some other basic structural stuff (moment diagrams, etc)

It would be nice if someone tailered a review class to the PM discipline you are taking, I mean I did transportation and wasted an entire afternoon listening to a guy design an entire waste water treatment facility....

Yeah, I had a couple old timers offer me advice. I was complaining that some of the typical values I assumed didn't match what they did in the practice tests, and how that worried me.

So one guy says, just show your work in the exam book, and say your assumptions are based on current state standards. Maybe they'll give you partial credit. :rolleyes:

Last Fall I took one at the nearby college (USF Tampa) and it was 75% worthless. This April I decided to take the Test Master course and it was 100% worth the money. The Environmental portion of the that course allowed me to solve all my afternoon ENV problems (I took the WR portion) in less than 3 minutes. All of the sections were presented very well and covered thoroughly. I highly recommend it to anyone who can afford it (it is expensive).

I will let you know by the first of July if the prep course I took was useless or not.

I dont think if I passed it will be because of the review course, If i had put those 40 hours to good studying at a library then I think I would have been much better off. I know the "testmasters" has a good record, but mine was just horrible.

I had hoped to at least get some new questions to review, but most of our instructors, simply rehashed questions from the NCEES sample exam that most of us already had, so it was a complete waste, only good thing I got was a easy chart on how to get the soil classification info, I am going to scan that and post it if anyone needs it, it was really helpful (for 2 questions) ;)

Back