Earth Day!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tonight, as is my usual earth day tradition I am going to change the oil in my car and then pour it on my neighbors yard!

tonight, as is my usual earth day tradition I am going to change the oil in my car and then pour it on my neighbors yard!
Why not f up the entire neighborhood, and put it in the detention pond down the street?

I reprogrammed the setpoints on the chlorine feed at the wastewater treatment plant this afternoon so instead of a 0.5 mg/L residual chlorine they're going go have a 20 mg/L residual chlorine. There should be a lot of dead fish in the harbor tomorrow morning.

just kidding. some people might think I'm serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I farted... several times. I also decided to warm up the daily driver that has no cat converter by driving around the neighborhood at 15 mph in 4th gear while giving it as much gas as it could take. I did all I could, but I still think I did enough to let the trees breathe for a while longer. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I ate cheesecake. I'm not sure how that helps Earth Day, but it made me smile. :D

My kids want us to turn off all of the lights and no TV at 9 pm. How convenient. 9pm is the best part of the day. That's their bedtime and when hubby/I start watching Netflix or the DVR.

Somebody asked me what I did to observe Earth day. My first response was "when was it?", and my second response was "I gave at the office."

I tore up some styrofoam cups and fed them to bald eagles. Then I bought a six pack just so I could throw the plastic holding it together into the sea.

I left my windows open. Yeah, I had the fan on, and my lights on, and the real reason they were open is because I'm too cheap to turn on my central air, but it's still fun to pretend.

I left my windows open. Yeah, I had the fan on, and my lights on, and the real reason they were open is because I'm too cheap to turn on my central air, but it's still fun to pretend.

I forgot about that contribution. I put our A.C. in the office on 60 and left the windows open all day.

Also, the harbor smelled like a swimming pool while I was driving over this morning. Should be good and disinfected by now.

I tore up some styrofoam cups and fed them to bald eagles. Then I bought a six pack just so I could throw the plastic holding it together into the sea.
Yeah, the six pack thing makes catching fish easier.

I hadn't run my 'green' car in a while, so when I got home from work last night, I fired up my old green Jeep Cherokee Sport and let it idle a bit since it had sat too long without running... it also is leaking a little oil (not as much as it used to).

I also realized that my recycling container was about to overflow, so I put the extra plastic bottles and cans into my regular garbage. It all ends up in the same place anyway!

I couldn't help but laugh so hard while reading this. All I could picture was you pulling off pieces of a cup off and feeding it to an eagle sitting in front of you like dogs do when they're expecting you're going to give them something off your plate. :rofl:

Back