Encourage someone studying for October

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can we put some sort of peer pressure spread sheet that those studying could fill in daily?

ps how soon before :banhim: ?

:???: :???: :???:

Hello there,

To all of you studying for the PE, try not to over do it. Take a break from time to time so you can mantain your energy level. It is a marathon, not a 100m race.

:rotflmao

(I just was curious about this animation)

Don't feel guilty :( if you cannot study for a couple of hours one day and enjoy the break. :D Now, stop posting and reading here and go back to study. :angry:

DV, what is up with the study material link, my friend? It is a good chance to make a diference between a forum and an ENGINEERS FORUM. :resp

Keep the hard work and always say....

;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns; ;guns;

I'll get it up on here. I have it at work, and need to send it to myself at home, so I can upload it. I'll email myself a reminder this time. Sorry.

I'll get it up on here. I have it at work, and need to send it to myself at home, so I can upload it. I'll email myself a reminder this time. Sorry.
I will attend this Oct. Metallurgical PE exam and like to find a buddy to study it together. If you are preparing for the same exam or you know anyone who like to share their experience, please let me know. Any suggestions or recommentions would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

ALRIGHT YOU MAGGOTS TURN OFF THE FRICKIN BUBE TUBE AND HIT THE BOOKS YOU SORRY EXCUSE FOR ENGINEER IN TRAININGS!

Okay everybody, look in the mirror and repeat after me...

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it, people like me!

Here's some motivation... Without studying, to get a passing exam (estimated that you have a 70% cut score) the probability of you GUESSING enough questions to pass would be:

1 in 72,057,594,037,927,936

So, encouragement should be that you don't want to play the lottery with your money and time you've invested. Hit the books hard and get those odds down. You CAN do it!

Those that have taken the test before, you know what to expect, knock out a lot of example problems and you'll do great!

Good luck everyone!

How did you figure that out?

Determine the probability of getting 1 question right by guessing: 1 in 4 or 0.25.

Raise that to the power of 48, the number of questions you need to get right to get 70% on a test with 80 questions.

Then invert it to get a "1 in XXX chance".

That's what I did, and I got:

But that's for getting 48 correct in a row. I blow at statistics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since I've already tried that twice, my odds are a little better right?

So you're saying there's a chance?

VT - you're right... I used 40 questions, not 80... DUH.

DVINNY - there's always a chance - even a snowball has a chance in hell... it's just not a great one.

Although, I'm sure you'll do good. Sounds like the calculation might have been different for Structural, however. You're not taking that, right?

Well, less than 2 months to go. This is about the point when I was really in full swing really plowing through tons of material. Seemed like I had been doing it for months and still had months to go. It was a tough time to stay motivated then.

Fortunately, your motivation is not my problem! :D :violin:

Hi All,

I know this is slightly offtopic, but it seems to be a lively thread, so I would appreciate some advice! I am taking the environmental PE exam in October and was wondering if the six minute solutions for the environmental part of the civil exam was worth getting? Are the questions approriate, is the style the same? Will it be a benefit to me? It seems lots of people take the civil PE, but not a lot take the environmental. Any help would be mucho appreciated!

Hi All,I know this is slightly offtopic, but it seems to be a lively thread, so I would appreciate some advice! I am taking the environmental PE exam in October and was wondering if the six minute solutions for the environmental part of the civil exam was worth getting? Are the questions approriate, is the style the same? Will it be a benefit to me? It seems lots of people take the civil PE, but not a lot take the environmental. Any help would be mucho appreciated!
VTEnviro???????

Do you know?

Back