Whale Wars

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Anyone see this? It comes on Animal Planet.

Basically there is an environmental group (Sea Shepard) that spends its time harrassing Japanese whaling ships who are whaling in protected waters. Japan claims they are only killing thw whales for "research".

Kind of an odd but interseting show, a lot of eco-type hippies doing raids on the whaling ships, they throw sometype of acid bomb and some other weapon designed to disable the whaling ships prop.

Sure its a good-hearted effort and all but to me its a lot like modern day piracy. They also struggle with military like chain of command issues on the ship when the captain is down for a nap.

Hippies have a chain of command?!
If you watch the show they seem to think they have a chain of command, but it's seldom followed. I saw a few episodes over the holidays. It's interesting and there are a few people who seem to have a bit of sense on the boat, but the people in charge are complete nut jobs and I think the world would be better off if someone went ahead and sunk their boat, preferably with the nut jobs on board.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you watch the show they seem to think they have a chain of command, but it's seldom followed. I saw a few episodes over the holidays. It's interesting and there are a few people who seem to have a bit of sense on the boat, but the people in charge are complete nut jobs and I think the world would be better off if someone went ahead and sunk their boat, preferably with the nut jobs on board.
Your avatar is disgusting and inappropriate.

One can only hope for a season finale consisting of an attack of Moby-esque proportions, sinking the U.S.S Hippie.

Yes, but its the hardest job in engineering.

Santa at Phipps only has to endure crying/peeing babies and jailbait trying to tease him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back