EIT/FE Exam Sucks

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foofer0013

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have been sitting for the EIT/FE exam since 02'. I took a review course through Penn State back in 05' which initiated me with tons of fundamentals that had me banging my head off my desk. I busted my ass studying and missed the passing rate by a few.

I am telling everyone this because I am sitting for the TestMasters review course. I met 3 colleges that have sat for the EIT/FE 3 times and failed. Then shortly thereafter, they sat for the TestMasters review course and passed on their 4th time. The explanation or advise they gave me was to sit for the TEstMasters review course. They teach how to pass!! They don't spend tons of time on fundamentals.

I am a nervous wreck beacuse anyone in the engineering field knows how important this test really is to building up one's career. I wish everyone taking the exam luck. If anyone has any pointers please feel free to share.

I also have some advise to those individuals that are not sure what discpline to focus on in the afternoon.

Later,

Dave

Good luck, Dave. I passed the EIT on 2nd try, but took 4 times on PE. I hope review course helps. The one I took helped me a lot. Please look through the threads about taking and passing the exams. It's much more than knowing the material. It's much more about attitude than people realize. Strategy is also important. You just have to focus on how to maximize your correct answers. That might mean giving up on the question that is really nagging you. Hope everything works this time.

I passed on the second try in October of 2002. The key for me was learning how to relax about the exam, which I did. I'm now trying to do the same for the PE!

Good luck and I bet you will pass this time. Let us know the good news when you do!

I can tell you how to give yourself an automatic pay raise: stop trying! :joke:

Kidding man, i'm taking it this Oct for 1st time - here's hoping this will be your time to pass!! Out of curiousity, what discp are you taking (have taken)? ie. is it the am or pm section that's killing you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back