photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mudpuppy

Ignore Button

44 posts in this topic

There's a certain member who's posts are always inflammatory, derogatory, rude and annoying and I'm tried of reading them. Wouldn't it be nice to have an Ignore button so we could mute a certain member's posts and not have to listen to his/her drivel?

Yeah, I can't stand any of the posts by that mudpuppy feller. ;)

Like on the ESPN show, Around the Horn, where the host mutes the mike of one of the ranting sports-heads? I like this idea. . . .

I wouldn't use this button willy-nilly. But this particular person has managed to offend nearly everyone here and I just need a little help to resist feeding the troll.

I hope I'm not the offending inflamatory poster.

I think the best solution would be to ban said offending user. GT_ME hasn't added a single piece of useful information to this site, but he has managed to piss off a lot of people. It was fun for a while, but now methinks it's time for the banhammer.

Mary, you're the opposite of inflammatory. Would that be "flammatory"?

I think the opposite of inflammatory is chilled.

I think the opposite of inflammatory is chilled.

:Locolaugh::Locolaugh::Locolaugh:

I love this lady

I think the best solution would be to ban said offending user. GT_ME hasn't added a single piece of useful information to this site, but he has managed to piss off a lot of people. It was fun for a while, but now methinks it's time for the banhammer.

Frankly, I've never understood why people find it so hard to ignore on forums that which they don't like. You don't *HAVE* to read it...

Personally, I always smile a little when I read his ridiculousness.

I vote against any banning unless it's to protect someone from harassment.

I'd actually like to take some stabs at him. :):):)

Frankly, I've never understood why people find it so hard to ignore on forums that which they don't like. You don't *HAVE* to read it...

Personally, I always smile a little when I read his ridiculousness.

I vote against any banning unless it's to protect someone from harassment.

I agree.

Although I spent a lot of time arguing with this GT_ME when he first surfaced over a year ago, I also get amusment out of his posts. I still cannot honestly figure this person out, so I've stopped arguing with him.

It reminds me of my old college roommate, who was a lady's man beyond compare, and never let you forget it. I was amused by the talk until I had to live in the same house with him and found out that was all he ever talked about. I equate GT_ME to a locker room braggart, only in this case I can just choose to ignore him if I get anoyed. I would suggest that people not try to "whip it out" and compare credentials with this nut. He gets you to his level when you do that.

Obvioulsy I've missed all of these posts somewhere along the line.

Unless I'm already on the same level and actually enjoy them. Could it be?

Unless I'm already on the same level and actually enjoy them. Could it be?

Not according to him. It would be impossible if you lived in the US because he is the only person at his level in the US.

I agree.

Although I spent a lot of time arguing with this GT_ME when he first surfaced over a year ago, I also get amusment out of his posts. I still cannot honestly figure this person out, so I've stopped arguing with him.

At first I was sure he was real... then I was convinced he was an alter-ego... now I'm not sure but I lean towards real. But it's hard to imagine anyone like him living in the real world.

Ok, now I've got to read all of his posts.

I don't believe in banning or censorship unless grossly derogatory / incendiary / inciteful. For the most part, IMO, he's trying to be funny, always playing the role of the antagonist. I think its just all for chuckles, but sometimes the same old joke gets old, right? I concur, best thing to do if he's putting anyone's drawers in a twist is just to ignore him; its just hard to ignore the bait sometimes.

It's like a given- one asshole will show up with two months to go till the next exam administration.

I don't believe in banning or censorship unless grossly derogatory / incendiary / inciteful. For the most part, IMO, he's trying to be funny, always playing the role of the antagonist. I think its just all for chuckles, but sometimes the same old joke gets old, right? I concur, best thing to do if he's putting anyone's drawers in a twist is just to ignore him; its just hard to ignore the bait sometimes.

I agree. That's why the ignore button would be a useful tool. You wouldn't have to ban the offender, but you wouldn't have to read his/her BS either. My problem is I'll be happily reading a innocuous thread and all of a sudden there will be a vile post in the middle of it and I get hot under the collar before I realize who it was. Ignore Button would fix that. Of course, this idea was completely tounge-in-cheek.

I agree. That's why the ignore button would be a useful tool. You wouldn't have to ban the offender, but you wouldn't have to read his/her BS either. My problem is I'll be happily reading a innocuous thread and all of a sudden there will be a vile post in the middle of it and I get hot under the collar before I realize who it was. Ignore Button would fix that. Of course, this idea was completely tounge-in-cheek.

This functionality already exists! When you click on "View Member Profile", under "Options" on the left, there is a choice for "Ignore User". It's also available under "My Controls", "Options", "Managed Ignored Users".

Ignore away, and you don't even have to keep your tongue in cheek!

Hey, that's awesome! Thanks IlPadrino! I turned it on so now I will no longer accidentally read any of his posts. But there is still a link to view the posts if I am in the right mindset for some entertainment.

Very handy feature.

I actually enjoy GT ME's posts and the little bit of controversy he creates....

Plus, I am starting to appreciate HVAC guys... Before I merely thought of them as blue collar repairman, like the Lennox guy. But now I know that it takes hard-work, dedication, and MENSA level genius to pick a air conditioner out of a catalogue.

Mr.-Lennox-him-self.jpg

I find GT_ME's posts amusing, I never agree with him, but they are amusing nonetheless. Comparing oneself to GT_ME, is like going the speed of light; even if your 99%, it still appears unreachable (at least according to him). I think the best way to deal with him, is to not stoke his ego by arguing with him.

Can we just get a "gong" icon?

But there is still a link to view the posts if I am in the right mindset for some entertainment.

I recommend you set some minimum limits for the "right mindset"... like maybe a six-pack or 12-pack.