PE Certificate Frames

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie11

Reaction score
I am in Florida and I was wondering where everyone who framed their PE Certificate got the frame and how much they paid. I went to Michaels to get an estimate on custom framing since they always have that 50% coupon but it was still almost $200 which seems really high to me. I saw that FES does framing for about $130 including shipping but I am not sure of the quality of the frame. Just wondering what everyone else did!

I've had both my MN and MA PE certs framed at those type of places. I believed that I used Joann Fabrics for this, but Michaels was my 2nd choice. Since they aren't as big as the FL cert, they costed maybe $160 each with a 60% cupon. It is pricey, but it looks really nice on the wall.

The way I see it, you worked so hard for something why not make it look nice?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend that owns a frame shop and I'm going to have him do it, since I'm enshrining my NCEES pencil and TI-30X IIs.

I had my College Degree, and PE certificate both framed to match, and it was at a custom framing store, cost $150 for both.

They look great, I can't complain.

IM00313x4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in Florida and I was wondering where everyone who framed their PE Certificate got the frame and how much they paid. I went to Michaels to get an estimate on custom framing since they always have that 50% coupon but it was still almost $200 which seems really high to me. I saw that FES does framing for about $130 including shipping but I am not sure of the quality of the frame. Just wondering what everyone else did!
FWIW - I have been told by other exam takers that FES is about the best deal going. I haven't framed mine yet but I will probably ask family members to pay for framing for my PE cert + MS Degree once I pass instead of other fancy presents.

I had my College Degree, and PE certificate both framed to match, and it was at a custom framing store, cost $150 for both.
WOWWIES !!!! That is awesome DVINNY !!! :plusone:

JR

The way I see it, you worked so hard for something why not make it look nice?
Hmmmm...

...I guess I should get my degree framed first then since it took a lot more time, effort and money to obtain and it is still sitting in a cardboard tube in a closet at home.

:oops:

I have a friend that owns a frame shop and I'm going to have him do it, since I'm enshrining my NCEES pencil and TI-30X IIs.
I hope that you don't also enshine the clothes you wore to the exam too!! :joke:

Anyone have the FES frame? I sent them an email this morning asking them if they had color pictures of them and I got a call back within an hour from Judy who told me she has been at FES for 22 years and that the frames are very high quality and can't be beat. She said she hasn't heard any compliants. I thought that was interesting but I also was surprised to get a call back in response to an email! They must be slow

Hmmmm...
...I guess I should get my degree framed first then since it took a lot more time, effort and money to obtain and it is still sitting in a cardboard tube in a closet at home.

:oops:
I'm in the same boat. Both my undergraduate and graduate degrees are still in the mailers they came in and are residing behind a speaker in my parents house. I opened the undergraduate degree to see if they spelled my name right, but I never laid eyes on my graduate degree.

Anyone have the FES frame?
My new supervisor had his FBPE Wall Certificate framed by FES. It does look nice! The frame is a braid-like design and the certificate overlays a deep burgundy mat. Also, the glass isn't the cheapo kind - it is slighly opaque as to avoid the 'glare' that regular glass gives off.

Do you want me to sneak a
1.gif
of it for you??? :)

JR

CW, you're right about the clothes rule for the exams.

Hmm, mental note......

^^There is some thought behgind the nudity. it distracts others and lowers the score for the group, making your test better relative to theirs.

My new supervisor had his FBPE Wall Certificate framed by FES. It does look nice! The frame is a braid-like design and the certificate overlays a deep burgundy mat. Also, the glass isn't the cheapo kind - it is slighly opaque as to avoid the 'glare' that regular glass gives off.
Do you want me to sneak a
1.gif
of it for you??? :)

JR
That would be great!! Thanks! :multiplespotting:

^^There is some thought behgind the nudity. it distracts others and lowers the score for the group, making your test better relative to theirs.
Future exam takers - take note!

To prepare for the exam, wouldn't you have to be 'comfortable' in what you are (not) wearing at the actual exam? ;)

^Oh, definitely. Being uncomfortable being nude in front of a roomful of people would wreck your exam score. Might want to clock some time as a pole dancer or something to gain confidence.

Back