NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say I miss testing in the Empire State.

I took my EIT at West Point. After searching my car on the way in, I finally found the building.

We had about 25 classrooms full of examinees, and this major reading the instructions over a closed circuit TV setup.

They had proctors all over the place in the hallway. I had to take a leak at one point, and was chastised and told to turn around because I wasn't following the prescribed lavatory route. :whatever:

It was a totally lame and stressful experience.

I imagine the non direct mail states that have the most examiness will be a while?

NY has to have a ton, I think GA's EIT, PE, PLS, LSIT was more than a thousand..

I know the ncees people are glad to have the monkey off there back for the time being, now we can turn our frustration towards our home states...

Can't say I miss testing in the Empire State.
I took my EIT at West Point. After searching my car on the way in, I finally found the building.

We had about 25 classrooms full of examinees, and this major reading the instructions over a closed circuit TV setup.

They had proctors all over the place in the hallway. I had to take a leak at one point, and was chastised and told to turn around because I wasn't following the prescribed lavatory route. :whatever:

It was a totally lame and stressful experience.
HEY VT, congrats on passing. what part of the state r u in? we have friends up in Essex Center, going up there this weekend to do some boating on the LC and try and forget that I still don't know my results. :drunk:

Got this email response from NYSED on Tuesday 6/20:

"The scores are being processed today. You should receive the score (s)in the mail within the week from Castle World Wide, Inc."

Castle fills me with s**t everytime I call them so I've given up on them. They keep saying July, but hopefully what NYSED says is true and this ridiculous wait will be over soon.

Just stalked the Mailman the whole length of my street - NOTHING! NYSED told me on Tuesday "within the week". I guess they meant within 7 days. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm going to kick up a big fuss on Tuesday if there's still no sign.

. :angry:

Is this so NYSED can add our names to the list of PEs???

Posted on NYSED Website: "Scheduled Interruption in Services: From 7:00 AM to 7:30 AM, Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - This message is to notify you in advance about a scheduled interruption with our web servers. Due to scheduled maintenance, many of our websites will not be available. Included are: Board of Regents, NYS Archives, Office of Counsel, Office of Cultural Education, Office of Elementary, Middle, Secondary and Continuing Education (EMSC), Office of Higher Education, Office of Operations and Management Services, Office of the Professions, Office of State Review, Office of Vocational & Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID) and the USNY website. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I'm scared to ask my husband, who works from home, if anything is in the mail. I told him not to tell me while I was at work. URGH.

Got this email response from NYSED on Tuesday 6/20:
"The scores are being processed today. You should receive the score (s)in the mail within the week from Castle World Wide, Inc."

Castle fills me with s**t everytime I call them so I've given up on them. They keep saying July, but hopefully what NYSED says is true and this ridiculous wait will be over soon.
nice work Bertny, checked my mailbox last night - was gone all weekend...... still nothing!!!!!!!! how do u scream in cyberspace?????

Long Time Reader, First Time Writer.....

Spoke w/ Chris Lloyd, Dir. of Scoring @ Castle Worldwide this morning (9:30am e.t.). "...they have been given permission from NY State to send out the results. Letter's are being stuffed as we speak. Should go out today or tomorrow in the mail."

Take it with a grain of salt, but it sounds most sincere yet...

:drunk:

well that sounds promising. It's consistent with what we've heard before. So much for a relaxing few days off before the 4th. I'll be wondering if it came (I'll be away from home)

God I hope I passed. Crazy to think that my life can change so drastically with the receipt of that letter - in a good way - or a bad way.

Just checked USPS for mailing time. If the letters are sent out from Castle today, they should reach us (NYC Met Area) by Friday. Nice work Jonny Walker Blue getting hold of Chris Lloyd. I've never gotten past the receptionist, who always seems offended that I'm asking when the results are being sent out... like I'm asking her about her sexlife or something.

BTW: NYSED told me yesterday that the new PEs would probably not be posted online for approx. 2 weeks after the results are issued, so the scheduled maintenance tommorrow morning may be for something else.

Who really knows?!

Just checked USPS for mailing time. If the letters are sent out from Castle today, they should reach us (NYC Met Area) by Friday. Nice work Jonny Walker Blue getting hold of Chris Lloyd. I've never gotten past the receptionist, who always seems offended that I'm asking when the results are being sent out... like I'm asking her about her sexlife or something.
BTW: NYSED told me yesterday that the new PEs would probably not be posted online for approx. 2 weeks after the results are issued, so the scheduled maintenance tommorrow morning may be for something else.

Who really knows?!
of course the results would be mailed out to arrive on July 4 weekend when everyone is away. :die:

my mailbox was empty last night excpet for a VS swim sale magazine

Hey bertny - where in NY are you? I grew up in a suburb of NYC.
Hey rnorth - pimpin' the Cap'n Kirk av. I'm a dirtylitle Trekkie myself.
not a trekkie, just thought it would get a few laughs. that's what they all say, right?

Actually I'm in NJ. Took the FE and PE in NY because most of my work is in the city. Glad I didn't take it in NJ because it seems their Board takes even more naps than NY's. Think I read somewhere that they don't get results til the end of July!!!

OK, I just had my daily "chat" with Castle and NYSED. These guys pretty much hate me by now.

Anyway, first Castle told me that they plan to send out NY PE results by the end of next week. When I told them that I knew that NYSED had given the go-ahead to issue results and asked how long it could take to print one page per candidate and mail, I was told that a numer of further steps had to taken before the results were printed and mailed. They could not tell me what these steps are.

So I called NYSED for comment on this delay. I was basically told that they had given Castle the go-ahead to issue results (as we know), but how long it takes them to get results to us is not their concern.

Yeh, as you can tell I got a real warm reception from both. Can I encorage any of you readers to call and put some additional pressure on both parties? It may help. These are the numbers I have: NYSED 518-474-3817, Castle 919-572-6880.

This sucks! :angry:

just called castle. results have not yet been sent out. they will be sent out no later than Friday. yes, this really does suck! feels kind of like a.......:kick:

Back