Curious...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many of each do we have here?

• Female

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Male

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jennifer Price

Tattoo Girl, PE
Reaction score
What is the ratio of men to women on this board? If it is anything like when I graduated college...I am guessing it is a legion of men to handful of women (I graduated in a class of 200 - with 6 females).

Edit: Also, what is the ratio where you work? I work with in a dept of 13 and am the only female (which makes for fun days when the testoterone is raging).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing something on the order of one woman for every 100 men here.

What is the ratio of men to women on this board? If it is anything like when I graduated college...I am guessing it is a legion of men to handful of women (I graduated in a class of 200 - with 6 females).
Edit: Also, what is the ratio where you work? I work with in a dept of 13 and am the only female (which makes for fun days when the testoterone is raging).
In terms of solely technical people (we'll exclude the receptionist and the secretaries):

Precon: 1 woman; 13 men

Accountants: 50/50 split

Engineering/Safety: all men (20)

Field: roughly 80% men / 20% women

Frazil is enough women for every guy on this board...
are you saying I'm fat? :sniff:

There are 24 registered females, and 153 registered males, and 1476 unknowns. So 15% of those that specified are females.

As I look around the room here and count the Engineers, I get eight males and two females.

so how many pm's have you gotten since you have been here?

As my wife is fond of saying about being a girl in an engineering school: "The odds are good, but the goods are odd."

If we're talking professional staff here to mean anyone beyond clerical, marketing, etc. In our office we have 2 male engineers, a male drafter, 2 male LA's, and 2 femals LA's. (If you consider LA's professional that is. :huh: )

Companywide we have 5 smallish offices of 8-10 people. Each has 1 to 2 female tech staff. I'd say maybe 15% tops.

In my unit of 7 there are 2 of us. In our section of about 16 there are 4. On a whole throughout the Agency most units (comprised of about 7- 10 people) have 1 to 2 female.

But how many men are in a clerical type position?...we have quite a few...probably 50%.

In my department we have 3 men and 3 women. The company overall seems (oddly enough) to be about 50/50. My last firm was probably 90/10 male to female.

Current job: 5 males, 0 females

When I worked for the DoD: 26 males, 2 females

As my wife is fond of saying about being a girl in an engineering school: "The odds are good, but the goods are odd."
Nice one!

jenevans, why don't you start a poll and find out? Just edit your original post, go into the "manage poll for this topic", and set up a simple male/female choice. Or start a new thread with a poll, if you can't do that.

Back