Index for All sample exams discussions and reference materials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

Ilan

I want to index all the useful info I found on EB. It can be made sticky at the time of the exam, if you guys find it useful.

NCEES Sample Exam Discussions:

Morning Session:

Afternoon Session: Power Depth

505 & 505

511 & 511

518 & 518

525 & 525

Camara Sample Exam Discussion:

Kaplan Sample Exam Disucssion

1.22-1.26

4.2, 4.4, 4.16, 4.17, 4.25, 4.30, 4.38

phew.. This is what I got so far.. I am also planning to upload all the EE info I downloaded from here into one place... I think EB is very good, just trying to make it a little better.. :D

Ilan.

Last edited:
EE PE Materials

It has:

NEC Handout - Good sample problems and solutions based on NEC 2005

PE_Wikipedia - General Notes and theory for AM & PM Power module

Power formula - Good summary of theorems and formulae

Power Factor Correction for dummies

slides - Good power point presentation about symmetrical components

23_opamps_2 - Basic info about OpAmps.

I also have Kaiser sample exam and solution. PM me if you want it.

Last edited:
Made it public. Should work now...

I get this error when trying to get that file. "This file is currently set to private. This error has been forwarded to MediaFire's development team."
Great work on the compilation of information. I just really hope I don't need it again.

bump.

May be a little late for this exam cycle, but I thought this very helpful index might come in handy.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the real name of the Kaplan practice exam? I am trying to get it off of Amazon.

Kaplan Sample exam is:

Electrical & Computer Engineering: PE Sample Exam, 2nd Edition

This sample exam is not similar to the ncees exam, different format. it will help to master subjects but it is way more harder. theres probably 6 parts to one question, and i beleive they all relate to each other.

i would reconmend this book after u do all 6 minute solutions, EERM practice problems and the NCEES practice exam.

I wouldn't recommend the Kaplan book at all. The questions are way harder, structured differently, and ask stuff that you will likely never encounter on the real exam. Whenever I opened the Kaplan exam or practice problem books, I got discouraged because I did not do well on those problems...but I passed the exam. I guess if you could work the Kaplan problems in your sleep, you are over-prepared for the exam, but I wouldn't recommend the books because of the blow to your self-esteem if you are adequately prepared for the exam.

Ah yeah, that's the one with the answers shown directly after the questions. I hate that kind of format... human nature to take a peek. :p

EE PE Materials
It has:

Do you have the answers for the 8 problems at the end of the OpAmp handout?

On NCEES question #529, can anybody help me understand why the 480V is being divided by sqrt(3) in the solution? I understand they are subtracting the Voltage Drop from the panel voltage, but I can't figure out why the voltage is being divided by sqrt(3). I would really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks to everyone for all your help. The reference material on this site was definately a big help.

EE PE Materials
It has:

Wanna send me the Kaiser sample exam and solutions? Not sure how to PM someone...New to this...

On Example # 22 on this NEC Handout, I don't understand part of the solution.

As stated:

NECEx22.jpg

The part for the 30hp motor, I think it should be = 80 amps x 2 = 160 amps

and don't follow 80 amps - 80A + (80x125%) = 180 amps

Thanks

On Example # 22 on this NEC Handout, I don't understand part of the solution.

As stated:

NECEx22.jpg

The part for the 30hp motor, I think it should be = 80 amps x 2 = 160 amps

and don't follow 80 amps - 80A + (80x125%) = 180 amps

Thanks
I'm not a code expert and I am sure one will come by soon, but I THINK the answer is "Conductors supplying two or more motors shall have an ampacity equal to the sum of the full load current of all the motors plus 25% of the highest rated motor in the group"

Therefore, I believe the last part should be 80 amps + (80x125%) = 80 + 80 + (0.25*80) = 180 amps, which seems to agree with the rest of the solution.

I'm not a code expert and I am sure one will come by soon, but I THINK the answer is "Conductors supplying two or more motors shall have an ampacity equal to the sum of the full load current of all the motors plus 25% of the highest rated motor in the group"
Therefore, I believe the last part should be 80 amps + (80x125%) = 80 + 80 + (0.25*80) = 180 amps, which seems to agree with the rest of the solution.
I'd say you hit pretty close to the mark.

Article 430.24 of the 2008 NEC:

Conductors supplyin several motors, or a motor(s) and other load(s), shall have an ampacity not less than 125 percent of the full-load current rating of the highest rated motor plus the sum of the full-load current ratings of all the other motors in the group, as determined by 430.6(A), plus the ampacity required for the other loads.

Back