Sad dream...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EL Nica PE

Joda
Reaction score
Hey guys as the results starting to pop up,

Last night I have a dream that I fail the test.... :unsure: :cry: :huh:

Did anybody have a bad dream last night (for those that have not receice their letter)

This one is one of those dreams that I hope not to become true.

Not yet.

But I have to tell you. This test is a serious mind trip! I think I will dream about it as time goes on. I graduated 9 years ago and I STILL, on occasion, dream about the last semester in college. I dream that the finals are coming up and I have skipped class the whole semester and have no idea what to study.

Its weird I guess. I think it stems from my working full time while in school, being in the national guard at the time, skipping a lot of classes and NOT going to my graduation ceremony (I graduated in the summer and there was no ceremony until after the fall/winter semester, so I blew it off by then).

Ed

Last edited:
I had a bad dream last night that I woke up in sweat in. Here it is:

I went out to the mailbox and there was an envelope from ELSES. I took it out and it was open (I've heard on this site that the envelopes were not sealed) and it was empty. The letter had fallen out someplace. It was too late to call ELSES/NCEES and it is Friday. I had to suffer through the weekend and Monday called ELSES/NCEES and they said the best thing is to contact the state for the results that they sent them. They said they could not send out a replacement letter for 8-12 weeks.

I called the state and they said that my name was not in the information they received. At that point I woke up.

:( That dream sounds like it sucked! I would seriously lose my sh!t if that happened. :kick: :cig:

I had a bad dream last night that I woke up in sweat in. Here it is:
I went out to the mailbox and there was an envelope from ELSES. I took it out and it was open (I've heard on this site that the envelopes were not sealed) and it was empty. The letter had fallen out someplace. It was too late to call ELSES/NCEES and it is Friday. I had to suffer through the weekend and Monday called ELSES/NCEES and they said the best thing is to contact the state for the results that they sent them. They said they could not send out a replacement letter for 8-12 weeks.

I called the state and they said that my name was not in the information they received. At that point I woke up.
That ain't a dream, that's a FREAKIN NIGHTMARE!!!! :bad:

I went out to the mailbox and there was an envelope from ELSES. I took it out and it was open (I've heard on this site that the envelopes were not sealed) and it was empty.
I had a dream last night that the world was ending due to some awful natural disaster. I am serious, and it totally sucked.

I think the empty envelope dream would have been worse.

I was starting to think about what to study for next try last night. Whe I realized what I was thinking, it was like I had just heard "Luke, I am your Father"

But then last night I had a dream that I found a passing result on the State Board web site. It was so real.

I'm looking into checking into a mental hospital.

:???:

Last edited by a moderator:
You know that pre-dream type thing that happens when you're technically somewhere between fully asleep and awake? I can't remember details, but last night during that time, I began dreaming of the test and results. I remember it trying to pull me into a full sleep and accompanying dream, but my still having the power to resist it. I fought to wake myself up and when I finally came to it was like I was coming up out of being held underwater and taking a deep breath of air as I broke the surface. It was weird! My wife was lying there still watching TV in bed.

This needs to end soon. Maybe some shrinks should be advertising on this board. I've already seen one doctor advertising his alcoholism treatment services. :thumbsup:

Ed

Last edited:
Back