I want to thank you guys (and say hello)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennifer Price

Tattoo Girl, PE
Reaction score
I have been "lurking" here for a few months now (although I have posted a little bit here and there), so I figured I should finally introduce myself. I am a CE (actually my field is forensics) working out of Charlotte and getting ready to sit for my PE in October (can you ever really be ready????).

Almost on a daily basis I freak out about the exam b/c all the material is so overwhelming. But I want to thank you guys for posting your fears, discouragements, your test results (pass or fail) b/c it reminds me that I am not going through this alone! Thank you for reminding me of that each day that I come to this board!

Also, I love the way you guys encourage each other. I see you guys handing out congratulations for those who pass and cheering those on who didn't. How exciting to be part of a community that wants you to succeed!

So thank you for having me and hopefully I will be a bit more active in the forums.

Hiya jen !!

I am glad you decided to post!! :) I hope you post more and get involved in some of the exam prep areas and technical topics. This forum is great because it is an awesome support network of people who have all been through the same struggle. It also draws upon diverse backgrounds and experience as well so you can have a well-rounded perspective going into this exam regardless of your discipline of study/practice.

Now that I have passed the exam, I have found the techie talk rooms and other areas of licensure (ethics, NCEES Record, etc.) very helpful for exchanging ideas. Often times I feel isolated in my job because everyone is so much older than I am (close to retirement) and not energized about getting involved in the profession. I can find that energy, enthusiasm, and information through the members of this board.

Best of luck in your exam preparations. Just remember, you are starting early enough to adequately cover the topics you need. One topic at a time :)

JR

Welcome, jen..

I will second what Sapper and JR have said. Don't hesitate to ask any questions; more than likely, they have been asked before, so people here will definitely try to answer whatever questions you have. Also, if you have something to add to any test prep discussion, jump in. I feel like I have contributed to this forum, and I have still not been able to pass (this may be how I've contributed - here's what NOT to do, etc. ......)

Welcome to the board, it is very helpful, and even more so once you get to know some of the people in here.

I have to thank those on this board for helping me pass, especially JR, he helped me out BIG TIME.

Good to see you here!

Welcome to the board.

You may be like me. You know enough material to pass, but just need to learn to relax enough to perform on the test. Also, the test is more like school than work where you have to think harder for 8 hours.

Welcome - I agree that the support / community of this board is wonderful. That's why you see so many people stick around here even after you go through the tortures of studying / test taking.

Good Luck!

Welcome aboard jen... feel free to ask about anything. Heck, at one point I had even started a thread asking about good hand trucks to use for the exam.

Don't be shy and good luck!!!

-Ray

Welcome to a great community. Good to have another Carolina engineer in the gang.

Hello All,

I am glad to have found this forum. I will be retaking the Electrical PE this October and I think this forum will be a great help for me. Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Sey

this is the start of his vacation season i think. get to go out and smell the roses, etc.

Back