Shaving pounds

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Knight

Silent Guardian
Reaction score
Inspired by the thread about how fit are you here we go. If you want to loose weight post here:

Your height:

Actual weight:

Goal:

Also you we can post about how are you doing during that period between now and your goal.

I will start

5'7"

180 by September 1st

OK...Who is in? :p10940623:

:waitwall:

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 208lbs

I'd like to get down to 195. I'm feeling a lot better than when I topped 270 though. My basic plan is to continue chasing the two-year-old around the yard and try not to eat too badly when I travel.

Height: 6'-3"

Weight: 235

Goal Weight: 210 by the end of the summer

I have made some changes since the exam - salads for lunch 4-5 times per week; fruit and protein for breakfast; one plate for dinner (only seconds I will let myself take are veggies or salad)... I have cut down the red meat intake to twice a week; I am making a point of doing an hour of yardwork (or housework) per night depending on the weather. Since the PE exam, I have actually dropped 5 pounds without having been too physically active (starting working out, then had to nurse two bad knees for a few weeks before starting the yardwork).

-Ray

Your height: 5'-8"

Actual weight: 195

Goal: 175 by EOY, that's only 3lbs per month, but 2 holidays in between...

I may have to change my "weight" goal as I really just want my body fat to reduce. I also want to build a little mass...

So a real goal is go from 34" waist to 30" waist.

Height: 6'

Current Weight: 224

Goal Weight: 200

I dont really have a time table. Ive been slacking really bad lately and would like to get back into a work out routine.

Height: 5'11"

Weight: ~195

Goal Weight: 180

Last edited by a moderator:
This is interesting.....I actually would like to maybe put on a few more pounds, just not where I've BEEN putting it on since I started studying, instead of working out!!!

Your height: 6'-0"

Actual weight: 223

Goal: 235

Your height:Actual weight:

Goal:
April 23, 2007 (Monday after the test)

Your height: 5'-10"

Actual weight: 275

Goal: 255

June 22, 2007 (Today's date)

Your height: 5'-10"

Actual weight: 245

NEW Goal: 225

I owe it all to Weight Watchers (yes I know it's :ghey: ) BUT I NEVER WENT TO A MEETING, I JUST GOT A BOOK. I figured if I could study 3-4 hours everyday for 3 1/2 months my fat ass could lose some weight.

Height: 6'-3"

Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 250 by the end of the summer. Ultimately, I would like to get down to 200, but that is gonna take some serious work :p10940623:

JR

I'm with sapper, I want to add about 10 lbs of muscle and lower my body fat percentage a little bit. I carry most of fat around my waist, never thought I would get "love handles", yet here I am.

Height: 6'2

Weight: 200

Goal: 210-215

Height: 6'-0"

Weight: 210

Goal: lose the fat, gain some muscle. Ideal weight: 195.

My wife and I are going to sign up for boot camp in Chicago. It is a 5 day per week, 1 hour workout for 12 weeks along the lake. It is not terribly expensive (about $120 for a 4 week session) considering you get personal attention and it is 5 days per week. The class starts the end of July, so I am hoping by October, I'll be at my goal. I don't feel like doing another 12 weeks during December and January in Chicago, along the lake.

5'10"

Was 215 in spring '04.

Got down to 165 by December '04.

People said I was WAY to skinny and anorexic looking then.

I want to get back down to a comfortable 185, but add some muscle and "cut".

Let's say by December '07.

Ed

I'm 5'9" and at my worst weighed 255lbs. Now I'm down to 225 lbs. but was 198 lbs. when on stage competing. I am best around 205-210 so I can show off the abs and what not. I need to drop another 20 lbs.

Allright, I'll join in the challenge:

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 185

Goal: 175, by the end of summer

Of course, it's always summer around here....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in

height 5'8"

weight 170

goal 150 by October 1.

Got a wedding to slim down for, the girlfriends want to buy a suit for me. (She's promised a Hugo boss suit for me, I wish it was an armani, but can't look a gifthorse in the mouth)

Luis, We should start a separate section in the forum to track weekly updates and give some advice (or ass kicking) to people that are having a hard time losing their weight.

...to track weekly updates and give some advice (or ass kicking) to people that are having a hard time losing their weight.
height: 5'9"

weight: fluctuates between 160 to 165

Goal: I'd like to be 2 to 5 years younger....

No really, I guess no matter what I do, my weight does not get under 160 and I think I once tipped the scales near 170 but it is strange because there was a time when I was running 5 miles a day for 3 or 4 days a week.

Then I did nothing but study a lot and now I have gotten a chin up bar and when I started I could do like 2 chinups.

Now, I have obviously become stronger because I can now do 9 chin-ups (palms facing me) with an 8 pound exercise ball pinched between my ankles and I can do 7 with my palms out and the 8 lb. ball. I've also taken to doing some other weight lifting but nothing super serious.

Anyways, my wife can't see a difference and I want to start getting some definition so I am looking for advice from the pros out there.

My biggest thing is my gut. I do many of the exercises you see in Men's health magazine- I got a one year subscription and it seemed like they repeated the same good information about 3 times a year but all the ads change from month to month. Anyways, I do what they call the "plank" and hold that for about a minute at a time. I also hang from the chin up bar and pull my legs up into my chest but I can't seem to increase my reps for that- I can do 6 and maybe only about 4 are really good ones. So why has my chin-ups improved dramatically but my abs / leg curls have not?

I also now eat tons of veggies and try to snack on pickles and carrot sticks in the evening instead of popcorn or ice cream.

Help...

Height: 6'

Weight: 235

Goal: Get to about 200 by Oct.

Plan: I have been running now for the last few weeks. Not everyday, but 4-5 times a week. I don't have any bad eating habits as we eat home-cooked meals at least 5 days/wk, but I am trying to incorporate salads for dinner at least 2-3 times/wk. I believe eating a good lunch, but light dinner should do the trick for me.

I bought a new scale - top 'o the line... (well, at least it cost a lot) and it reads 5 lbs less than my old scale...) so I'm down to 190 YEAH!!!!!!

Also - went to gym last night and rode my bike to work today, we'll see how long I can keep that streak going.

Back