rudy

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rudy

Is this it?
Reaction score
hi all. i'm a ChE from texas. i'm rudy. well my login name is rudy. i christened myself after the character from the movie "Rudy" (the guy who keeps trying year after year, to make it to the Norte Dame football team). Why? ok, i'm going to let it all out. might as well. i've taken the PE exam twice and failed twice - both times just missed it by a few points. just found out results of second test last week. like rudy, i'm going to keep trying until i make it.

Welcome Rudy!

Like Sap said, there are quite a few of us around here who took it multiple times before passing.

4th time was the charm for me....so don't get discouraged, we are all here to help (and unlike that other place, we don't charge you)

hi all. i'm a ChE from texas. i'm rudy. well my login name is rudy. i christened myself after the character from the movie "Rudy" (the guy who keeps trying year after year, to make it to the Norte Dame football team). Why? ok, i'm going to let it all out. might as well. i've taken the PE exam twice and failed twice - both times just missed it by a few points. just found out results of second test last week. like rudy, i'm going to keep trying until i make it.
Welcome Rudy.... Hopefully in October you get the special teams tackle then register a sack. I hope you aren't living in the field maintenance office. :joke: I found out about this site 3 days ago and joined ASAP, it's nice to see we aren't the only one in our current situation.

Hi Jfusillo, Hi Boom,

Thank you for the welcome. At this point, I'm still at Holy Cross Junior College...getting those rejection letters. :(

Actually being on the failing side has brought out the true colors of my co-workers. All are very supportive. I'm just waiting on the diagnostic letter to see what areas I need to focus on.

be sure to check back in come football season, there are a few too many big east huggers, but there is a lot of interest in ND's schedule, or should I say lack of quality opponets ;)

Hi Road Guy, i will definitely check in. What's amazing is Norte Dame gets to pick their opponents since they aren't part of any conference. Instead of picking easy teams to beat, they always pick a tough lineup. I'm more of a big 12 follower, but have been an Irish fan as well.

Instead of picking easy teams to beat, they always pick a tough lineup.
Oh, you have GOT to stick around for football season.

WELCOME to the board, and as SAPPER said, I passed on the 4th try. It can be done. And I wasn't even close in my first two attempts. Hang in there. You're in the right place now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Road Guy, i will definitely check in. What's amazing is Norte Dame gets to pick their opponents since they aren't part of any conference. Instead of picking easy teams to beat, they always pick a tough lineup. I'm more of a big 12 follower, but have been an Irish fan as well.

Is it too early to start talkin **** on the Irish. I guess I'll give it another week or two.

Rudy was offsides ;)

rudyoffsidessignbp5.jpg

The team that ND plays at the end of the movie is GT. The only way Rudy could have gotten into our backfield was by cheating. ;)

be sure to check back in come football season, there are a few too many big east huggers, but there is a lot of interest in ND's schedule, or should I say lack of quality opponets ;)
Hey now! They open their season with what I would call a 'quality opponent'.

Welcome to the board rudy.

I'll be rooting hard against the Irish for their second game this year. :)

But, I hate to admit that Notre Dame DOES have a tough schedule this year. It's real heavy up front, but lightens up the last month.

09/01/07 vs. Georgia Tech

09/08/07 at Penn State

09/15/07 at Michigan

09/22/07 vs. Michigan State

09/29/07 at Purdue

10/06/07 at UCLA

10/13/07 vs. Boston College

10/20/07 vs. USC

11/03/07 vs. Navy

11/10/07 vs. Air Force

11/17/07 vs. Duke

11/24/07 at Stanford

Rudy....the one starring Sean Austin? That's a great story. A former steelworker from a working class family with no good grades, and no athletic talent, against all odds becomes a foot player and student in the University Of Norte Dame. Great Movie! They story is based on the life of Daniel "Rudy" Ruettiger. Just an amazing story.

Back