Failing Letters

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVINNY

2-time 10K winner
Reaction score
I know that nobody likes to admit failing, etc. but the last couple of result periods we got several members to post their diagnostic sheets for each discipline and we could fairly well estimate what the cut score was.

If you can scan your diagnostic and post it on this thread, we can help decipher the exam. Or just type it in.

The more the better to help figure it out too. You can research the past exams and see how we have done this.

It may not be helpful to anyone, but I know that most all wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY....this is the first time in the last 4 exams that I wouldn't be able to contribute to this topic!!!! although we know why. :waitwall:

What diagnostic sheet? I didn't get one this time around!!!! :dunno: :D

Sorry, but I couldn't resist.

I saw my co-workers diagnostic sheet. He scored overall of 64%. Works out to like 6 problems from a 70%. What a bummer. Luckily, my letter came with only one sheet in it with the words "pleased to advise" strung together.

I know that nobody likes to admit failing, etc. but the last couple of result periods we got several members to post their diagnostic sheets for each discipline and we could fairly well estimate what the cut score was.
If you can scan your diagnostic and post it on this thread, we can help decipher the exam. Or just type it in.

The more the better to help figure it out too. You can research the past exams and see how we have done this.

It may not be helpful to anyone, but I know that most all wonder.

How the heck did I FAIL???? I took the Civil with Env in my depth. My diagnostics show the following:

Bredth:

Env - 88%

Geo - 63%

Str - 63%

Trans - 0%

WR - 75%

Depth:

WW - 78%

bIOLOGY - 86%

Solid Wastes - 80%

GW - 60%

Geo - 100%

WR - 80%

Unless everyine else did the transpo questiosn real well i'm not sure what went wrong here??!! Anybody with any insights?

How the heck did I FAIL???? I took the Civil with Env in my depth. My diagnostics show the following:Bredth:

Env - 88% - 7 correct

Geo - 63% - 5 correct

Str - 63% - 5 correct

Trans - 0% - 0 correct

WR - 75% - 6 correct

Equals = 23 correct

Depth:

WW - 78%

bIOLOGY - 86%

Solid Wastes - 80%

GW - 60%

Geo - 100%

WR - 80%
Taking the percentages of correct per section gives you 79% of the 40 afternoon questions correct which works out to 31 correct.

23+31 = 54 out of 80....which is close.....but then you have to factor in the black magic....so who knows...but you were really close...I know that doesn't help...I went down the same way last year....still in the hope mode for the April results.....but not holding my breath....

Thanks hfan! Doesn't ease the blow but still heplful to put numbers on the hurt:)! Right now i'm thinking maybe have NCEES rescore the test and hope they missed on some scoring. Wishful thinking but thats all I got for now. Good luck to you and hope you crack it this time!

Thos are failing scores???? I am electrical, but I can't believe I did better than that, and I passed. I'm sure I didn't do that good in the afternoon. There is no way. What a drag.

Texas gives out scores for everyone (no diagnostics if you pass). I passed Mechanical with machine design depth with a 79. Don't know if it helps or not, but thought I'd offer it up as a data point.

Maybe this has been addressed somewhere else, but are the diagnostic reports based out of all 80 questions? I have heard that sometimes they throw out some questions due to various reasons, so in reality the test is really of out 78 or something similiar.

darked, I don't even know what to say on that one. Those are some scores to be failing. geesh.

Env - 88% 7/8

Geo - 63% 5/8

Str - 63% 5/8

Trans - 0% 0/8

WR - 75% 6/8

Depth:

WW - 78%7/9

bIOLOGY - 86%6/7

Solid Wastes - 80% 4/5

GW - 60% 3/5

Geo - 100% 4/4

WR - 80% 8/10

Total of 55/80, I have no idea how you failed with that.

the 23 in the AM is probably what hurts, probably 1 or 2 transpo questions would have put you over the top.

sucks man sorry to read about that.

I agree with your opinion, it would seem to make the most sense. Otherwise it possibly wouldn't be as accurate of feedback as it could be.

A passing score on an NCEES exam is the number of correct answers or points required to indicate a knowledge level necessary to meet a minimum performance standard for a discipline.

:dunno: :goat: :whipping: :signs051: :asthanos: :plusone: :smileyballs: :16: :15: :poop:

ummmm, if darked's scores are also failing ones, no way am i posting my diagnostic results. :( i must have really tanked it.

i get to try again in October...sigh....

:sucks:

DVINNY Here are my results (I have a feeling I missed it by 1 question) for a diagnostic review. Any thoughts.

Bredth:

Env - 100%

Geo - 50%

Str - 63%

Trans - 500%

WR - 763%

Depth:

WW - 67%

bIOLOGY - 57%

Solid Wastes - 80%

GW - 80%

Geo - 100%