PTOE exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

traffic

I'm sitting for the PTOE in august and wondered if anyone has any good study materials or advice? :rolleyes:

Sorry Traffic, I cannot help you with this question. However, I am curious about the PTOE exam also.

I'm sitting for the PTOE in august and wondered if anyone has any good study materials or advice? :BS:
Go to www.ite.org and purchase the following book. It is very useful and covers a lot of the topics on exam. Good luck guys!

Professional Traffic Operations Engineers Certification Program Refresher Course

Category: Career Guidance/Training

This updated edition provides an overview of topics, key references and a brief independent study guide by topic for practicing engineers who intend to take the PTOE certification examination, but is not keyed specifically to the examination questions. Developed by Robert K. Seyfried, Director, Transportation Engineering Division, Northwestern University Traffic Institute. Modules were authored by Jerome W. Hall, Martin E. Lipinski, Dawn Marincic, John M. Mason, Jr., Michael D. Meyer and Robert K. Seyfried. ITE, 2002, 186 pp, ISBN No: 0-935403-44-2

Item PD-021B. Member price: $20.00 , Nonmember price: $25.00

Go to www.ite.org and purchase the following book. It is very useful and covers a lot of the topics on exam. Good luck guys!
Professional Traffic Operations Engineers Certification Program Refresher Course

Category: Career Guidance/Training

This updated edition provides an overview of topics, key references and a brief independent study guide by topic for practicing engineers who intend to take the PTOE certification examination, but is not keyed specifically to the examination questions. Developed by Robert K. Seyfried, Director, Transportation Engineering Division, Northwestern University Traffic Institute. Modules were authored by Jerome W. Hall, Martin E. Lipinski, Dawn Marincic, John M. Mason, Jr., Michael D. Meyer and Robert K. Seyfried. ITE, 2002, 186 pp, ISBN No: 0-935403-44-2

Item PD-021B. Member price: $20.00 , Nonmember price: $25.00
Did you also purchase the CD that goes along with the book or attend any of the trainings?

did ITE do away with the PE + 5 years experience before you can take the exam?

Did you also purchase the CD that goes along with the book or attend any of the trainings?
I did not purchase the CD or attend any trainings. The book is good enough. A lot of the questions asked in the PTOE exam are just commonsense if you do transportation work often. Just make sure you are familiar with the manuals such as HCM, MUTCD, Greenbook, etc.

Thanks for the info. I've been in the traffic business 20+ years and have some friends that just took it cold and passed, but I needed something to read to help prepare me a little more. I'll give that book a look !

:party-smiley-048: boy am I glad to be by that!! it was crazy hard. Thats it I'm done, no more tests.

No, its not open book and the little formula sheet isn't much help at all. It's one of those "you know it or don't tests" 75 am and 75 pm questions, multiple guess. I was just glad to get by it the first time.

Can anyone give me some clarification on the requirements to sit for the PTOE exam? It states that you need 4-years of professional traffic engineering experience....I assume this means 4-years after passing the PE exam. Is there anyone out there that has been approved for the test without the 4-years of "professional" practice?

Traffic--Congrats on passing the PTOE. Did you end up using the ITE study guide and did you get the CD? Do you have any other tips for success? :thankyou:

congrats traffic.. please tell us about the references that u used for the preparation. thanks and congrats again!!

JR the thread that u directed to does not provide any clarification on this particular question. but thanks for pointing to the thread that thread should be helpful during preparation stage.

from what i understand and what i have seen with the people passing the test, i believe that 4 years of engineering experience and not necessarily 4 years of experience after PE. so if u have a PE license then u can pretty much be qualified to take PTOE exam. this is my assumption, it is better to wirte to ITE and get a clarification on this topic.

Vish--thanks...once I get this Oct. PE test under my belt I'll probably get in touch with ITE. Thanks for the response.

hey traffic,

did u buy this book by ITE? r u looking to sell it then i would be interested.

Back