Passed Other Disciplines 2nd Attempt - 4.5 Years After College

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just1nh

Reaction score
I took the FE Other Disciplines last year and failed (3.5 years after school).  I did very poorly overall.  

Here's what I did leading up to the failed test result:

• Used Lindeberg's book.  I felt like the material did not translate to the exam.
  • Used the "ABC" approach where you rank your subjects from strongest to weakest.
  • Spread my studying out 4 months
Here's what I did to pass on my 2nd attempt this fall (4.5 years after school) to pass:

• Took School of P.E.'s prep course which was 72 total hours
  • Dedicated at least 2 hours of practice problems for every 1 hour of in-class time (72x2 =144 then rounded up)
  • Did not waste time with the "ABC" approach.  Did not use Lindeberg's book
  • Compressed my studying into 2 months (I had to cut out social activity and gym time completely.  this is tough!)
The School of P.E. class helped me stay disciplined.  It doesn't do the work for you but it keeps you on a normal study schedule.  It also helps narrow down what you need to actually study.  The Lindeberg book is wide open.  I felt like the material in the School of P.E. class translated very well.  The examples used in their classes were very similar to problems that appeared in the exam.

So happy to have this thing behind me!  Stay strong!

Congrats on passing!!!  The FE exam, at least to me, was the hardest exam of all.  I also did not prepare for the FE exam like I did the PE Exam.  To me, the PE exam was much easier.  

Back