Job Leads

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voomie

PE
Reaction score
I'm currently looking to change jobs and it is taking longer than I thought. I was curious where everyone goes to find job leads. Thanks!

Ask around. Every decent job I've worked I got through referrals from classmates, husband and former colleagues.

Have you gotten somewhat involved in any professional associations?  I think they are worthless for technical info but can be great for relationships.

Have you gotten somewhat involved in any professional associations?  I think they are worthless for technical info but can be great for relationships.
I agree! And even check these sorts of associations newsletters, if you're not already. There is often a job postings section in them, at least in the ones in my parts.

I found my current job (which I really enjoy) on Craigslist. The two jobs I had before this came from blindly applying through the state government job website and through a connection I had made in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back