PPI

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rg1

Reaction score
Some of the questions in PPI practice test are really smart and good. Does anyone else has similar feeling?

Second one- More I know NEC, more confused I am? The PPI-1 uses name plate rated FL current in some questions and Table derived FL in the other for similar situation. Anyone having any clear idea. 

It's in the code: the nameplate rating is used for overloads only. Everything else is in those motor tables. Also the PPI exams were really tough.

Just beware it's not perfect and inspired my forum username 
EgmALHy.jpg

cos(180) = 0 ??????

It's in the code: the nameplate rating is used for overloads only. Everything else is in those motor tables. Also the PPI exams were really tough.
If you see para 430.6.A.1 Exception 3- It says whenever you have HP and current both from Name plate you take name plate current for everything. I read this when I did PPI -1 yesterday. Then I see PPI itself taking sometimes this sometimes that in different questions. Not allowing to settle at one. I found the NEC though a good book, can be written in a better way instead of so many ifs and buts. I NEC is best example of a product when you want to write arts out of maths. On lighter side - I get reminded of graffiti in library books where it used to be scribbled by naughty guys --- go and see page no. x, you will be anxious to go to that page where you will find, go to page no. y and then in the end it will say why you are wasting your time  turning pages here; read the book and go home.

Back