The Juice is loose!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
I know they are not technically supposed to consider his previous 2 murders, but can I get a “Come on Man!” from this parole board!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I was in college when the trial was going on, we had a TV in the CAD LAB. (wonder if they still have those) but it seemed like it was always running in the background..

I agree with you.  We all know Orenthal murdered Nicole and Ron - and got away with it.  Not to mention the countless beatings he used to give Nicole.  Some retribution punishment would be nice.  But, as you said, the parole board can't consider these past actions. He was a classic parole candidate so, by the rules, they had to grant it.  But, truth be told, there was some retribution punishment with this last sentence.  He did 9 years.  No one does 9 years for the crime he did.  In fact, the other people involved, even the guy with the gun, served a far lesser sentence.  So at least there was a little bit of retribution.  Plus, now that he's out, Fred Goldman can continue to pester the heck out of him.    

What's the line for over/under for when he gets in trouble again? 6 months?

I think he looks good for 70 yo.  He's been pretty quiet for the past 9 years and I don't think he represents any threat to society, so why not.  I'll bet he keeps a low profile and tries to stay off the grid (but the paparazzi will make that difficult for him).

its easy to be quiet when you are in jail :D

I hope he gets his throat slashed in Miami personally..

I was glued to the original trial and i admit i watched a bit of the parol board hearing, but I gotta ask, why?  Why do we care about this dude so much?  Was he that big of a star?

I was glued to the original trial and i admit i watched a bit of the parol board hearing, but I gotta ask, why?  Why do we care about this dude so much?  Was he that big of a star?
Good question.  It was just all so captivating originally.  The slow speed chase, the high profile trial, the acquittal.  The civil trial.  After all, it was termed 'the trial of the century'.  But, you are right, I am sure he feeds off of the notoriety.  It would be nice if we could all just call him Orenthal (not worthy of a nickname) and stop being interested.  But, easier said then done, I know.  I don't think the medial will stop covering him.      

The only thing of real consequence from the whole trial is that it made the Kardashians famous.

He was.  He was also one of the first star athletes that found a second career in acting/media, which was a big shift from the activism of that era.

What's the line for over/under for when he gets in trouble again a bad reality show? 6 months?
There, I fixed that for you.  Wouldn't surprise me a bit if his "people" were shopping the idea of a reality show around at different channels as soon as they found out he was getting out.

I think he looks good for 70 yo.  He's been pretty quiet for the past 9 years and I don't think he represents any threat to society, so why not.  I'll bet he keeps a low profile and tries to stay off the grid (but the paparazzi will make that difficult for him).
I was reading an article with info from various guards where he is currently residing.  Apparently he started binging on junk food and became quite the fat ass when he first got to prison.  Wasn't until fairly recently that he started getting back in shape.

The article made it sound like he was getting paroled more so because they wanted him gone rather than because he was rehabilitated.  Apparently he is a bit of a premadona and they're tired of having to deal with him.  They said he has no remorse, still doesn't think he did anything wrong, which would have kept just about any other prisoner from getting paroled.

BQBQpJ0.png

Back