CA Exam Refiling Form

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AyanHein

Reaction score
Has anyone had recent experience with refiling for CA exams (either surveying or seismic)? I passed survey exam on last April and applying for Seismic for this October. I sent out my application (http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/re-examination_form.pdf) and check 2 weeks ago with USPS priority mail. I called the CA board, and they still haven't cashed out or received it yet. Since the deadline is next week, should i send another check with refile application again? 

Definitely don't send another check! I imagine your refile application just hasn't been processed yet.

You won't be able to register for the seismic exam until much later this year (6 or so weeks before the test window, as I'm sure you're familiar with from taking surveying this past spring), so I wouldn't be worrying about your refile application until some time in September. In the mean time, do as @ptatohed said and enjoy the summer! :)  

Definitely don't send another check! I imagine your refile application just hasn't been processed yet.

You won't be able to register for the seismic exam until much later this year (6 or so weeks before the test window, as I'm sure you're familiar with from taking surveying this past spring), so I wouldn't be worrying about your refile application until some time in September. In the mean time, do as @ptatohed said and enjoy the summer! :)  
I'm just worried because they haven't cashed my check yet. It's been 3 weeks.

Is it the only form that I need to submit, correct? 

I'm just worried because they haven't cashed my check yet. It's been 3 weeks.

Is it the only form that I need to submit, correct? 
From the sounds of your comments, since you were previously approved under the prior process and you submitted the required Re-exam form along with a check, there is nothing more for you to do but spend your time wisely preparing for the fall exam.  If the middle of August rolls around and you still haven't received anything from BPELSG pertaining to scheduling with Prometric, then you need to contact them at:

Questions about Licensure and Certification Qualifications and Applications
(916) 263-2193 or [email protected]

From the sounds of your comments, since you were previously approved under the prior process and you submitted the required Re-exam form along with a check, there is nothing more for you to do but spend your time wisely preparing for the fall exam.  If the middle of August rolls around and you still haven't received anything from BPELSG pertaining to scheduling with Prometric, then you need to contact them at:

Questions about Licensure and Certification Qualifications and Applications
(916) 263-2193 or [email protected]
I called them yesterday, and I was told that my refile application was processed last week. Thank you for taking your time to answer the question. 

Back