Design Software Overload

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trepid

Reaction score
Greetings.  I am building a board game and for the map I will be designing a city landscape.  There seems to be an enormous amount of software in regards to civil engineering, and I am hoping to narrow down the list to fit a small budget.  The type of map I want to create will be a few city blocks so I am hoping for some suggestions/recommendations.  What I am looking for is software that can draw and detail houses, apartment buildings, stores, roads, streets, and terrain including rocks, trees, grassland, cliffs, etc.  I would like the view to be an aerial shot 3d (almost 2d) as if someone was looking at an aerial photo of a google map of a few city blocks.  Could you please give me some suggestions on what direction I should go?  Thanks for your time. 

Have you talked to graphic designers? Sounds like that may be the easier way to go similar to when they do colored renderings of proposed projects.

Back