See What Students Are Saying About PPI's Prep Courses

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPI

EB Sponsor
Reaction score
https://ppi2pass.com/prep-course-testimonials

Civil Prep Courses

"I had taken the exam twice before and was struggling to maintain consistent study habits amidst my busy work schedule, so I am very glad that I paid the money to take this course. It was well worth the expenses and the time. The study materials, online quizzes, homework, structure, office hours and live lectures are a huge help to staying on track with FE study preparation."--Austin, January 2017

"I have been out of school for a while and I really needed a course that could help me review the topics for the exam. I would suggest anyone taking the FE exam to use your time wisely and practice and review your homework prepared during this course. Instructor is very helpful when I needed help in the discussion forum. Good course."--Ana, January 2017

"This course far exceeds the review my UC college provided for the FE. It covered a wide range of topics, and I felt nothing was really left out in the course that I needed for the FE. I feel more prepared to take my PE exam down the road after such an expansive review of all civil engineering topics."--Mark, January 2017

"The first time I took the exam, I failed, and according to NCEES' breakdown, I needed to focus on quite a few subjects. I was disheartened and didn't know what to do. I would intermittently study but wasn't sure if I wanted to take the exam again. It wasn't until my parents suggested this course that I decided to give it a go. The classes meet twice a week and during that time you will cover, at least, two different subjects. The class is very informative, and while it is fast paced, you will learn a lot. The instructor makes sure to answer any of your questions and encourages everyone to participate/answer questions that other students might have. Also, if anyone ever had any questions concerning the homework, the instructor is more than willing to help, either in the online forum to show you the steps or in class so that everyone can get a detailed explanation. About a month after the class ended, with some focused studying, I took the exam again and PASSED! I truly appreciate all of the help that the instructor gave and would highly recommend this course to anyone who struggled as much as I did. When the time comes for my PE, I hope to take the class offered through PPI."--Tyler, January 2017

"The course allowed interaction with other students. The Quiz Bank is simple to use and allows you to pick the number of questions and subject areas you want to practice. This allows for practice problems every day, even doing one question if that is all the time you have. The course concentrates on the areas most asked on the FE exam. Course is well worth the money and very informative. It was a great refresher course for being out of school for 16 years."--Lisa, January 2017

"I have my education and experience outside the US. I decided to work in the US after 7 years of gap. I decided to take the exam, but to prepare for the exam looked difficult after so many years. So I registered for the FE Civil Review Course offered by PPI. The course is very well managed and very thorough. It covers all the information required to appear for the exam. It explains all the knowledge area in detail to get a better understanding of the subject. The material provided was very helpful and the instructor was awesome. It really helped me to pass this exam in my first attempt. Thank you PPI!"--Vinaya, August 2016

"I took the FE once before getting this course package and boy did it make a difference. Before I got this course, I did the bare minimum studying and just did very poorly on the exam. But with the help of the quiz bank and the online classes, it made the second test an absolute breeze. But that being said, I studied for 2 months straight every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for 4 hours. If you are motivated to pass, and are willing to put in the work to prepare for the test, I promise that you will do great! I HIGHLY recommend this product!"--Kyle, July 2016

"Without the course, I wouldn't have passed. I tried to study on my own, but I found myself being extremely unorganized and not focusing on one subject at a time. The course, along with the homework and practice exam, really focus your time on what you need to pass. If you've tried on your own to study or even if you're fresh out of school, this course will help tremendously. Now on to the PE."--Jason, May 2016

"This course can help anyone who needs a refresher to the subject matters, and those that want to solidify their knowledge before taking the FE. Make sure to use your time wisely and study hard and you will definitely pass."--Daniel, May 2016

"I was skeptical paying so much for a review class but I am very glad I did. All of the materials were great and very helpful. After the class was completed, I had taken over 20 timed practice quizzes, 2 assessment tests and one full practice exam which you can not get from NCESS. Not only did the class cover topics that I had never learned in school, but the instructor did a great job going over the topics thoroughly at pace in which I could understand them. Not going to lie, I had to put my life on hold to take this review class because it was at least a 20 extra hours a week with the classes, homework and quizzes, but it was worth it in the end. I have already recommended the course to other people and will continue to do so."--C. Bishop, May 2016

"The course was very informative. The quiz bank, assessment and final exam is a must-do, and do as many quiz bank questions as possible. Very helpful on the exam. The online questions are very similar to the actual FE test."--Alexander, February 2016

"The FE test has been looming over me for about 12 years. I never took it out of college, and took it once in 2006 (without any preparation) and failed. Over the last three years I have been taking meager, and often disheartening, stabs at studying. I was glad to learn about your class, which is one of few appropriate for people who have been out of school for a while. I found it was particularly good at keeping me on pace and moving through the subjects. I learned yesterday that I passed the test! It is an incredible weight off. Thank you so much for all of your help."--Cate, November 2015

Electrical Prep Courses

"This course was very vital to my passing the exam. I had so many practice problems with detailed solutions and explanations coupled with the instructor's tips to solving practice questions. After solving all the problems in the quiz bank and homework problems, you will be confident enough to go and ace the exam."--Charles, January 2017

"This class was instrumental to my passing the FE Electrical and Computer exam. I graduated in 1999 from Georgia Tech with a Bachelor’s of Electrical Engineering. My GPA was 2.91 and my major GPA was much lower than that, so I was not a top student by any measure. My new employer values the PE license (and sponsored me for this course). I wanted to obtain the PE, but had a lot of trepidation about how long it had been since I studied the subjects.The first week of class I was sure I had made a huge mistake because I remembered so little. However, I put the time in to attend every class and to complete all of the homework (really trying to do every problem from scratch despite how long it took). I think the practice exam was also key as it pulled topics together and refreshed a bit on what had been taught several weeks prior. I took the exam within one week of the course ending, and I passed. I was pretty well prepared and I found the exam to be easier than the practice exam. There is no way I would have passed without this class, because I would have gotten stuck on my weak areas and would not have moved along fast enough to get through all the material in enough time to still retain it for the exam."--Sarah, January 2017

"I took this class after being out of college for over 6 years. I was intimidated by the FE exam, so I signed up to take this course. This course helped refresh how to solve problems like I did back in my college days. I passed the exam on my first attempt thanks to this course, and I am very thankful for the course and the instructor. I would recommend this for anyone taking the exam, especially if you have been out of school for several years."--Justin, November 2016

"I was really debating on whether or not to take this course compared to another course that was cheaper, and I am so glad I did. I had decided to go with PPI given the reviews here and all the other materials provided to you and couldn't have been happier. The instructor was very knowledgeable and presented the subjects of the course very well and had great advice about the exam. The quiz bank also helped me out A LOT with practice problems that are similar to the questions you could expect with the exam. I would not say this course is a cake walk by any means, but if you want to without a doubt pass the exam, and are willing to dedicate the time and energy it takes, you will definitely pass! I'm proud to say I passed on the first try!"--John, July 2016

"I graduated with an electrical engineering degree in 2005. I never used my degree and did different jobs. Mainly, I was a high school math teacher for 8 years. Fast forward to 2015. I was burnt out with my career in education and wanted to use my degree. I got a job as an electrical designer and decided to take the FE. I signed up for the PPI course and it was everything I needed. It gave me a structured study schedule, a friendly knowledgeable instructor, and also the framework to meet other people I could compare notes and ideas with. This framework is what kept me going when I thought I was too tired to keep going. I still needed to put in extra hours with youtube and other practice problems. But, without PPI, I know I wouldn't have been able to do it. I will be signing up with PPI again to take the PE. Thank-you PPI!"--Tamara, May 2016

"It had been 25+ years since completing my undergraduate engineering program, and I was pretty intimidated taking the FE (Electrical & Computer) Exam for the first time. I found the review manual extremely valuable as both a reference and guide to the breadth/depth of my studying. The lecture handouts were also excellent complementary resources. The work was VERY intense, but also VERY rewarding - I passed the FE exam on the first attempt, and am now looking forward to taking the PE Exam preparation course. Thank you, PPI!"--Bill, February 2016

"If you have been out of school for a couple of years, this course is extremely beneficial. It contains a comprehensive review of all my undergraduate coursework; combined with suggested study schedules, it helped tremendously. The best tools that came with this course were the quiz generator and the practice exams. I utilized these extensively, and have no doubt that they were instrumental to my preparations. I took the FE exam roughly a month after the end of the course and passed!"--Phillip, November 2015

"The FE is predominately a 'plug-and-chug' style test. You only need to be knowledgeable enough to find the right equation and then press with the mathematic/algebraic exercise required to get an answer. The review course does an excellent job of providing many and varied different problems for you to solve. Here's the catch: you still need to put in the effort and solve the problems. Sounds obvious, but this isn't high school and the instructor isn't going to spoon feed you the information and follow up on you. Lastly, I don't like online format courses but this one was better than most. The instructor can't see the confused look on your face, so you need to pipe up (via text) during the lectures! They are super responsive."--Will, November 2015

"This course helped me tremendously! It’s hard for me to make and follow my own study schedule. The structure of the class was what I needed, and it was very beneficial to me. If you’ve been out of school for a few years, this is the course to take. I passed right after taking this course! The course is set up to make you accountable for the homework and quizzes, same as an online class, giving you the structure you need. Thanks PPI!"--Joey, November 2015

Mechanical Prep Courses

"This course was extremely helpful to prepare the the FE exam and was a great refresher after graduating 10+ years ago. The combination of the reading materials, homework, quizzes, flashcards, handouts, office hours and a very knowledgeable instructor, really prepared me to know what to expect for the exam. I highly recommend this course."--Kersen, January 2017

"The material provided with this course was very helpful and a great way to practice for the exam. Tough homework problems drill the concepts and how to use equations. Live lecture was very long, although they did tell you when and what things were very important topics to know for the exam. I attended all the lectures and completed all assignments and passed the test the first time after being out of school for 4 years. I am not sure how this course rates compared to others but I guess it is a good thing I passed the first time. Great thing is, they have the pass guarantee. Best of luck."--Scott, August 2016

"The FE review course was very helpful, and the instructor did a great job at explaining the course material. I graduated from Penn State in 2013, so I took this course to help me refresh on what I learned in college. I would highly recommend taking this course for anyone that will be taking the FE Exam. A++++++ I take the FE exam at the end of the month. I am looking forward to passing it!"--Mike, May 2016

"This review course helped me prepare for (and pass) the FE in ways that I would not have been able to do by studying on my own. The online lectures, taught by a knowledgeable instructor, coupled with homework and quizzes, cover all subjects seen on the exam. I would recommend this course to anyone who is serious about passing the FE; in fact, I plan on taking the PE Online Review Course."--Adrian, February 2016

"This course did a very good job of helping me prepare for the FE exam. You are provided with all the tools necessary to pass the exam, and the instructor is very knowledgeable about the material as well as exam-taking strategies."--Joshua, February 2016

"I took the EIT exam last week and just found out that I passed today. I enjoyed the class and lectures and found it to be very informative and helpful in helping me to recollect everything I've learned in the past college years. Thanks, and I am sure the other students in the class are well prepared as well after doing the online review course."--Anthony, November 2015

"The lessons that we went through in the class were representative of what was on the FE Exam in my opinion. If anything, I thought some of the sample problems in the lessons were a bit more involved than what was on the exam. Most of the problems didn't require too many steps to solve. But the fact that some of the problems in the lessons were more involved I thought helped better prepare me to solve the problems."--Anonymous, November 2015

"This course was well worth it. Be prepared to work hard and do your homework! The instructor was passionate about delivering quality course material and exam tips. Well worth the time and money!"--Stan, April 2017

"As an engineer with a 30 year hiatus between undergraduate degree and taking the exam, I found the course to be a great review and overview of all the necessary engineering concepts and an excellent preparation for the FE Exam. The Live Course, with Instructor and other student interaction, makes the course more real and makes it easier to be attentive to getting the homework done and working through the entire review. I can not imagine attempting the exam with any less of a review/preparation than this course."--Peter, May 2016

"Amazing instructor! Patient, knowledgeable, professional. My instructor not only provided us with the technical knowledge, but he also gave us test taking tips, told us the latest updates on how the test will be structured, and gave us a lot of encouragement. Solid study schedule. Really helpful lecture slides. Excellent review course!"--Roger, February 2016

"As an engineer that has been out of school for a while, this course gave me direction and assistance in my studying. I haven't taken the exam yet (next week), but I have no doubt that I am better off having taken this review course. I would recommend it to anyone who needs to remember how to study again. I know I was out of practice! The expectation of having to complete the assignments and quizzes got me back in the rhythm of studying, which was fantastic. The cost of the course was a big consideration, especially since my employer did not assist, but I have no regrets about spending the money. I consider it an investment in my future and I feel it has made a difference in my ability to pass the exam. I would recommend some of the other review books offered by PPI for anyone who may need a bit more review in subjects that weren't a part of their undergraduate curriculum or just so long ago that the basics need defogging. If you take the time to do the homework, look at the course material and ask questions during the class, the expense is worth it. I am confident it gave me a leg up towards passing the exam! Best of luck to all future students and examinees!"--DD, November 2015

"I have failed the FE 5 times over 7 years. After the 5th time, I realized that studying on my own was not working! So, after researching several study courses I decided to enroll in the PPI review course for the FE. I chose it primarily for the schedule. It was flexible enough to allow me to study AND still have time for my wife and two young kids . . . not to mention working full time. I took the FE immediately following the course and FINALLY PASSED! It's not magic. It's hard work, structure, and discipline -- and that's exactly what I needed. I believe the FE is the most difficult test that exists in the universe. There is no easy trick to passing such a seemingly impossible -- and impassible -- exam. The instructor was so helpful and professional . . . . not to mention very patient with us all. I cannot thank the folks at PPI enough! They have been very helpful throughout the entire process -- even before the course began. There has been a black cloud hanging over me for 7 years, and IT IS GONE! Thank you!"--Kevin, November 2015

"Good material and review, especially if you are out of college for some time and forgot most of the subject. Covers the whole exam very well"--Sharker, November 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
Back