All 3 civil PE exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must I sign up and take 8 hour, surveying and seismic at once?
I assume you're talking about CA. In which case, the answer is no, you don't have to take all three of the exams at once. You could take them in really any order once you're approved by the CA BPELSG to take the seismic and surveying exams. You could take the PE exam in one test cycle and the seismic and surveying exams in another, or you could split them up into three test cycles. Or take them all at once.

You will not, however, have fulfilled the requirements to become a licensed P.E. in CA until you've passed all three.

Must I sign up and take 8 hour, surveying and seismic at once?
Moving to a more appropriate sub-forum. 

You may want to add "CA" to your title next time - not every civil examinee has "3 civil PE exams". 

I have a feeling you didn't do much research before asking this question.  Please read the valuable posts on this forum and theinfo on the BPELSG site.

Hopefully this helps:  Link.    [SIZE= 12px]"- Both exams must be passed, separately, in addition to the separate NCEES 8-hr exam, in order to be licensed as a Civil PE in California.  You may pass one at a time, you do not need to pass all at once."  [/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back