Engineer Boards
TME600

SALARY - LAND DEVELOPMENT

TME600    7

I just wanted to get some feedback regarding salaries, specifically people working in land development. 

I'm in the Dallas area, and I was comparing the different City's pay plans for Civil engineers and comparing it to my salary, and I'm getting disappointed to be honest with what I make. I just want to make sure I'm paid fairly. I recently passed the P.E exam but I have been doing this for 9 years. My salary is in the Mid 80's, bonus varies - no one in the company could give me a straight answer on how they determine bonuses, I am covered with healthcare but I have to pay for my family (pretty standard stuff). 

I do plan on approaching management and ask for a raise since I passed the PE but I just wanted to get a feel what the market value is for a Civil engineer with 9 years and and a PE

Voomie    97

That sounds about right for your experience. Your region might pay a little more but I am not familiar with the cost of living. I would make sure to structure the conversation around your role in the company and the value it provides now that you are a PE. I would discuss new responsibilities you will take on being a PE then bring up the raise issue. This way you come across asking for merit based raise founded on a value proposition instead of someone who is making demands. If you get shot down, ask if you can revisit this conversation in 6 months.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TME600    7
Just now, Voomie said:

That sounds about right for your experience. Your region might pay a little more but I am not familiar with the cost of living. I would make sure to structure the conversation around your role in the company and the value it provides now that you are a PE. I would discuss new responsibilities you will take on being a PE then bring up the raise issue. This way you come across asking for merit based raise founded on a value proposition instead of someone who is making demands. If you get shot down, ask if you can revisit this conversation in 6 months.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thank you for the input, much appreciated. 

vhab49    91

There were a couple of people in the "Asking for a raise after PE" thread that were in LD, and posted salaries.

TME600    7
5 hours ago, vhab49 said:

There were a couple of people in the "Asking for a raise after PE" thread that were in LD, and posted salaries.

Thank you!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.