Has anyone heard from board for next exam cycle?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an email on 5/16 telling me they received my application, and to not even think about asking them for updates. lol.

I just got my email yesterday saying that my application was approved.

he Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists has technically approved your application for state specific exam(s).

California State Specific exam(s) instructions regarding how and when to sign up with Prometric (the Board’s computer-based testing vendor) will be emailed to you approximately 4 to 6 weeks prior to the exam date.

If you are applying for a national exam administered through NCEES, you should schedule your exam as soon as possible. Go directly to their website and follow their instructions – www.NCEES.org.

If your contact information has changed since you submitted your application, complete the address change form located on the Board’s website:  https://www.dca.ca.gov/webapps/bpelsg/address_change.php

Back in my day, you would include two self addressed stamped post cards with your application.  The first post card would be sent back to you to tell you your application was received.  The second one would give you your examinee #, tell you that you were approved for the exam, etc.  

Back in my day, you would include two self addressed stamped post cards with your application.  The first post card would be sent back to you to tell you your application was received.  The second one would give you your examinee #, tell you that you were approved for the exam, etc.  
They still put that on the list of things to include in your application packet, its just listed as optional.  

FYI - I got my approval to sign up for the October exams today.  I dropped my package in the mail around April 28th?  A day or two before the postmark deadline.

FYI - I got my approval to sign up for the October exams today.  I dropped my package in the mail around April 28th?  A day or two before the postmark deadline.
Thanks for the data point. I did the same, FedEx'd it out maybe 4 days before deadline so hopefully I hear something within the next week. I don't want to start studying again unless I have to!!

Thanks for the data point. I did the same, FedEx'd it out maybe 4 days before deadline so hopefully I hear something within the next week. I don't want to start studying again unless I have to!!
You do have to..... start studying!  ;)  

You do have to..... start studying!  ;)  
Well I've started studying again for the seismic/surveying exams. My initial review is telling me I probably need to allot much more time to seismic than the surveying section which looks comparatively more straightforward. I took a lot of highway design classes in undergrad so most of what I saw in the surveying assessment I did looked familiar at least.

Planning on maybe 60/40 split to seismic for study time, then come September when I actually schedule my exams I can take whichever one I'm more ready for at the front end of the window and leave a week or two for the one I'm less confidant of. Does this sound about right to those of you that have passed? 

I am still nervous since I haven't heard from CA, but I'm just assuming I'll be approved.

Well I've started studying again for the seismic/surveying exams. My initial review is telling me I probably need to allot much more time to seismic than the surveying section which looks comparatively more straightforward. I took a lot of highway design classes in undergrad so most of what I saw in the surveying assessment I did looked familiar at least.

Planning on maybe 60/40 split to seismic for study time, then come September when I actually schedule my exams I can take whichever one I'm more ready for at the front end of the window and leave a week or two for the one I'm less confidant of. Does this sound about right to those of you that have passed? 

I am still nervous since I haven't heard from CA, but I'm just assuming I'll be approved.
For me Survey was relatively easy and Seismic took a lot of new learning for me.  I can't really answer to your exact plan because when I took them, there was no CBT window option to take them a few weeks apart.  So, I took them...... 6 months apart.  :)   I spent about 100-150 study hours for the Survey and 150-200 for the Seismic.  Try to figure out how many hours you think you need for each one and make sure it fits your plan.  

It all depends on the person of course. I took the EET course for Seismic and the CSEPR(?) course for Surveying. The last one was mainly for the CBTs. I spent around 120-140 hours for Seismic and about 80-100 hours on Surveying including practice exams. 

Best of luck.

Nothing yet. I just got the email saying my application was received and check was cashed. The deadline to register for state exams is already posted on the Prometric Website: Sep. 18th. 

Feeling worried right now. 

Also have not heard anything yet. I received email last month stating that my application was submitted for "technical review," but Prometric's deadline is approaching quickly. Hopefully I hear something soon, but I am also feeling worried. I really wanted to take both CA tests this Fall and be licensed by the end of the year! 

Back