EET Surveying Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elsieshepherd

Reaction score
Hi All,

The surveying test is my last hurdle, and despite taking a few prep courses and having (from what I believe) a pretty good understanding of surveying and how to answer the questions...something is not clicking. This last exam, I left the testing center feeling pretty good and I thought I did better than my previous attempts. Unfortunately, with the results coming out it seems as if I did about the same or maybe worse? I'm really bummed and annoyed about this, especially since I thought I performed better this time around and I felt more confident leaving this test, as opposed to the 8hr test (thankfully I passed that one).

I'm considering signing up and taking EET's Surveying Review Course and was wondering if anyone took that class for the April 2017 test cycle and what they thought of the course? Thank you in advanced!

I took EET breadth/depth and seismic, but not survey. Their other classes were amazing so I imagine the survey class is great as well. I firmly believe that a survey class isn't needed though. It really is just geometry and understanding equipment. I bought Mansour's book, reviewed it for around 10 hours and passed the test first time. I recommend buying the book Defenitions of Surveying and Associated Terms which will help during the test with any conceptual questions you don't know the answer to. Aside from that, all you really need to know are vertical/horizontal curves and leveling. Granted I do work in Land Development so I am exposed to surveying on a somewhat regular basis.

As much as I want to recommend EET to people (and if you do decide to take a Surveying course, please consider EET), I have to agree with Peeks that so much of the Survey exam is simple math like trig and just being able to think in 3D.  Unlike the NCEES 8hr and CA-Seismic, the only time I ever opened my Survey references during the exam was for the vert and hor curve formulas and that was it.  Everything else was answerable from my head.  

I took EET breadth/depth and seismic, but not survey. Their other classes were amazing so I imagine the survey class is great as well. I firmly believe that a survey class isn't needed though. It really is just geometry and understanding equipment. I bought Mansour's book, reviewed it for around 10 hours and passed the test first time. I recommend buying the book Defenitions of Surveying and Associated Terms which will help during the test with any conceptual questions you don't know the answer to. Aside from that, all you really need to know are vertical/horizontal curves and leveling. Granted I do work in Land Development so I am exposed to surveying on a somewhat regular basis.
Thanks for the tips. I guess I really should just keep plugging away at the problems. Will definitely pick up a copy of the book you recommended!

You have my vote for taking the EET Survey Course.  :)  

You have my vote for taking the EET Survey Course.  :)  

you guys are lucky. when I prepared my surveying review, EET didn't have this class. 

Back