Aluminum Alloy Properties

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyBuj

Reaction score
At work I've been tasked with running a variety of calculations on a pre-existing sand-cast aluminum pole, but I cannot for the life of me find the material properties for the alloy the manufacturer is using. It's an 356.0-F Aluminum pole, and the only information I can dig up is Yield and Tensile strength, which is certainly a start, but I need Compressive strength, shear strength, and bearing strength to complete the calculations I'm supposed to do. Does anyone have any idea where to find this information? My colleagues and I are hesitant to purchase ASTM B26, since we are not sure if it actually has the information we need. If anyone has any suggestions, or can confirm that the specification would have the relevant information, I'd greatly appreciate it!

We have the aluminum design Manuel, but it actually doesn't have all the information for this specific alloy. This is why we're a little stuck in the first place.

Call Alcoa and talk to one of their technical staff.

Also, B26 does not contain the information you are looking for.  In fact, I have not seen an ASTM material standard that does.

Back